Micmera is back

Titch

Micra K11ng
Yea - best in show has returned, but not happy with it.

Had to spend a fair amount of cash on it to sort it out, but now atleast its still home. People who were wanting parts, don't worry they still will be yours, just not as soon as i'd hoped, or unless the car sells as a whole.

Anyway, went to garage this morning and pick it up. Paid a fair bit for it (but good price considering the work thats been done on it), and then got my new whee fitted.
The remember that wonderful problem of the starter not working, guess what thats returned. Could it be because the battery has sat for about 2 weeks? Not enought power to turn it?

James and Manda were up so they've seen what the problems are with it also, but guess i'm glad i've got it back, although i didn't want it really.
Anyway - idea would be welcomed about starter.

Titch :kungfu:

Really good that you have this back mate. Shame it will still be getting broken for parts though. Let me know if you need a hand breaking it when that time comes.

Try getting a new starter on it mate, sounds to me like a lazy starter! You have tried taking it out and cleaning it up! A new starter wont cost you that much like, an they r pretty easy to fit!

Id be more than happy to help you out buddy!

Daz :alien:

Hmm, hope you can get it sorted Titch.

Was going to come up with James and Manda but i had some stuff to do!

Korizin said:
Was going to come up with James and Manda but i had some stuff to do!

Yea - they said. Will catch you another time mate.

Ok - had it out a run and things are better on the starter front, but now onto the gear changes. Seems to start okish now, so think it may be the battery.

Hard to expain. Clutch now bites really high, when before it was either on or off! Anyway, going up through the gears is fine, and reverse is now very easy to get in.

But the problem comes (Done it 4 times now), when coming off the motorway, dropping 5th to 4th, it'll either grind like ####, or jump out! Not fun, any suggestions

clutch plate could be sitting out of balance (just a suggestion) or it sounds like your going far too fast for the lower gear ratio..OR the gear linkage could be damaged for 4th, but it would crunch on the way up the box too, Speak to the guys that done the job, and explain it didnt do it before and now does

Hope this helps mate!

Daz :alien:

Back