Master cylinder

Hi, the garage say my x reg 5 door 1.0 S auto needs a new master cylinder (after them trying to balance the rear axils), but they've had it for over 2 weeks now and keep saying they are struggling to find one. I've had a look on the net and think I've found some but am not sure if they are right for my exact model, it's first registration date is feb 2001 but I don't know if it was actually manufactured in 2000 and if that even makes a difference. There seems to be an overlap of several models at that time, I think mine is a facelift model. Is the garage bull****ting me or are they genuinely difficult to come by?

I reckon this is the right one
https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/abe-177888.html

Cheers
Nic

Last edited:
Sounds like they just can't be bothered doing the job to me. The master cylinders are still readily available as are the seal kits. There's tons of new ones on eBay also.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sounds like they just can't be bothered doing the job to me. The master cylinders are still readily available as are the seal kits. There's tons of new ones on eBay also.

Cheers, I also wasn't sure if maybe master cylinders for automatics were different at all. But then I haven't seen any that specify for manual or automatic.

Cheers, I also wasn't sure if maybe master cylinders for automatics were different at all. But then I haven't seen any that specify for manual or automatic.
They're the same as manuals. 2 ports if you have abs and 4 ports if no abs.

Back