**Manual Gearbox Picture Please!**

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Would somebody be so kind as to upload a picture showing the input shaft of the gearbox? I am trying to determine whether or not mine is broken at all. I need this as soon as possible.

Cheers.. :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
here,s a ( smaller ) 1.0 one beeboop :)

Attachments

• 58818.jpg
    58818.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 41

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"here,s a ( smaller ) 1.0 one beeboop :)

Sweet! thanks Buddy! :D That looks exactly like my input shaft. My brother seems to think it should have something on the end to sit into the crankshaft kinda, or something or nothing. lol. I am no expert! But if that is a good input shaft then mine is good too! :) It's just that i'll be getting my box reconditioned in a few days and i wanted to make sure i wasn't taking them a broken one.
Another question for you mate.. Would you be interested in buying some parts in the UK on my behalf and shipping them to me? The c**ts on ebay REALLY try to rip me on freight. Like a 30 pound part, and 70 pounds for freight!!! It was just a wiper arm too. :(

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
may of been thinking of some bigger cars which have a spigot bearing in the middle of the flywheel which the input shaft had a extra length of bearing surface which plugs into it for extra support ... my Volvo 240 had one ...

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Mike R WROTE:

"may of been thinking of some bigger cars which have a spigot bearing in the middle of the flywheel which the input shaft had a extra length of bearing surface which plugs into it for extra support ... my Volvo 240 had one ...

Yeah that would make sense! Seeing he has always been into the big Fords. :)

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Yeah the input shaft normally sits in a recess in the back of the crank area. Its got a little bush in it called a spigot bush. All skylines and **** have them also. But Micra's dont which is good as its one less thing to replace when its apart.

But in a way your brother is right. Just not with this car.

Back