Lumpy gearbox

My mums K11 1.0 twister (02 facelift) has a tendancy 2 go quite stiff & a little noisey. It also often doesnt spring back 2 the central position wen in neutral.

My dad has used some additive in ther which improved it a little bt not greatly, he also fitted a new spring on 2, hopin 2 cure the spring back issue bt 2 not much effect from wat i can gather.

I was jus wondring if ther wer any known problems that cud b causin this and if posible some recognised fixes or modification that we cud perform

The ibnformation is based on 2nd hand info from my dad so if its inaccurate on my part then i apologise bt i think that was wat he was sayin.

Thanks in advance :)

My mums K11 1.0 twister (02 facelift) has a tendancy 2 go quite stiff & a little noisey. It also often doesnt spring back 2 the central position wen in neutral.

My dad has used some additive in ther which improved it a little bt not greatly, he also fitted a new spring on 2, hopin 2 cure the spring back issue bt 2 not much effect from wat i can gather.

I was jus wondring if ther wer any known problems that cud b causin this and if posible some recognised fixes or modification that we cud perform

The ibnformation is based on 2nd hand info from my dad so if its inaccurate on my part then i apologise bt i think that was wat he was sayin.

Thanks in advance :)

i don't know what the problem is, nor do i know of any "common faults" but i am pretty sure i have the same problem only worse.... i am going to just change the box, as its easy to do and cheap. but i am going to take the old box apart as its been doing NASTY things lol such as, rolling down a hill in neutral, the wheels just lockup and something in the gearbox jams and makes a grinding sound and then frees up again lol, its not nice, but it turns heads lol....

a box from a scrappy is maybe £70 at the most, changing it takes a day. might as well do the gearbox oil, clutch and check the CV boots at the time...

good luck getting it fixed mate, pop back here if you get any problems, or if you find an easy fix then let us know :D

my mates gearbox is the same its an 02 model I took the gear linkage off it only 3 days ago totally dismantled it greased it put it all back together and quess what.???????????????????? you got it nothing changed it was exactly the same stiff as bulls lugs.........yet i have not came accross this problem in any of the earlier micras only the later ones. Did the gearboxes change at some point if they did in what year thinking along the lines of putting an earlier box into my mates car instead of a one from same year.

replacment box would be around 50 quid from my mates scrappy.....

well my Lx is 94 but my Gx is fine and thats 98.....if its an auto box then its a different story, i have seen SOO many micras go down cos of the auto box...

the gear stick not returning to the centre is a common problem and not related to the box, i am not sure how you fix it but its supposed to be a spring somewhere.

Yep sounds like a thing on this yr then maybe, my sturdy K10 never had the prob, gearbox was fine wen we parted wiv 100+ k on her, shame id thrashed the poor little MA10 tho :( LOL

Wat engine do the newer K11 1.0ltrs run? Is it an updated version of old ones? (i kno its got coil packs like but never studied engine tbh)

Yep sounds like a thing on this yr then maybe, my sturdy K10 never had the prob, gearbox was fine wen we parted wiv 100+ k on her, shame id thrashed the poor little MA10 tho :( LOL

Wat engine do the newer K11 1.0ltrs run? Is it an updated version of old ones? (i kno its got coil packs like but never studied engine tbh)

oh is it a coilpack engine you are running?

well they are CGA1DE i think instead of the CG10DE. different in some ways, they were made by renault instead of nissan cos thats when nissan was bought by renault. but i think the boxes are still the same, or should be....

We may b stubbling on the problem then! Excuse while I go & kick Carlos Ghosn in the head! LOL

lmao yea i don't trust the french engines, but i'd double check who made the box cos if its a stock nissan one then a quick swap is all it will take :D

my facelift k11 was showing the same problems because it had far too much oil in the box (it also kept killing the speedo drive when you went over 60mph) all problems were fixed by getting the gearbox oil level right!

bearings collapsed in my 1994 box, it was an abolsute mess when i stripped it down.

it actually left me stranded one night when the bearings completly gave up and lost drive !