LSD Gripper Diff's. Possible Group Buy.

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
Hello, was wondering if there are any others interested in a group buy of LSD diff inserts, for the standard Micra g'box.

www.humphrisoxford.co.uk has them advertised for 595 Pounds
PLUS delivery from UK. Current dollar prices makes it a little over $1200, plus postage, which would be around 100/110 pounds ($210).

OK, for 5 buyers, he would charge 599 pounds, delivered, waiving the transport costs.
So yep its an expensive purchase, but if your interested, yell out.

-Michael.

Interested Parties.
Michael
Turbo
Campbell
Sportclassic

Maybe's.
Tony
Fred

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
no prob mate, all my good bits for my car are mostly still in boxes, no rush here =)
just putting out the feelers..

He also has a complete set of 2nd hand rebuilt 4 pot AP brakes, which fit under 14" wheels going at mo as well.. =)

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
yeh it's $1200, anyone know how much the pulsar LSD, custom driveshaft jobbie costs? (Cisco, anyone? =) )

They are selling a second-hand rebuilt, Dog Box w/ LSD at the mo, cant remember price tho..

So i c a few ppl putting there 2 cents in..
Matt u keeping ur Micra and getting one of these?
Sportsclassic, u need one?

il edit that post anywho..

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
On another note, does anyone know where I can buy a set of C-spanner's for my coilovers? im kind of thinking somewhere more local tho, like i would like to buy them 2morro.
Otherwise I will get them from OS.

So, what kind of time are we going to set for this deal ppl?

fred WROTE:

"what about the et pulsar g'box with viscous lsd?

hmm, i was thinking along the lines of that too.. but then, after all that effort, you still only have a viscous lsd. the gripper lsd is about the only way you can turn the stock box into a lsd one.. even the jdm/uk factory lsd boxes are ****in expensive to get a hold of, i don't care what anyone says, the factory lsd box IS NOT any stronger then a normal box, the gearsets are the same (so i've been told), i can't see how the gearset can be any stronger, there the same gbox casing bar the diff housing part on the box(and the fact nissan themselves claim they are the same gearset for both boxes). anywho, even if you did have a factory lsd box, nismo/cusco/everyother jdm tuner has stopped making aftermarket lsd's for the cg13 k11 (only make em for the cg10 now), so having a jap box is pretty much no advantage over a factory box once you get a gripper lsd, only difference would be that your gripper lsd box is going to get more power to the ground for less money :D, so come on folks, join the band wagon.

Mickeybbb WROTE:

"On another note, does anyone know where I can buy a set of C-spanner's for my coilovers? im kind of thinking somewhere more local tho, like i would like to buy them 2morro.<BR>Otherwise I will get them from OS.<BR><BR>So, what kind of time are we going to set for this deal ppl?

most coilover c spanners will work, i used a tein set for mine / i have a set of hks ones that are hangin around somewhere.. i think :?, use a chisel, a hammer, and lots of love if your in a hurry!

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

"yeh it's $1200, anyone know how much the pulsar LSD, custom driveshaft jobbie costs? (Cisco, anyone? =) )

They are selling a second-hand rebuilt, Dog Box w/ LSD at the mo, cant remember price tho..

So i c a few ppl putting there 2 cents in..

Matt u keeping ur Micra and getting one of these?

Sportsclassic, u need one?

il edit that post anywho..

yeah i had a guy come and look at it one weekend and he was relly interested and about half way through i thought to myself.. WTF am i doing!!!??? hahahaha i cant give up my baby :)

turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"fred WROTE:

"what about the et pulsar g'box with viscous lsd?"</div>

the pulsar box with the VLSD can be fitted and if you cant get the 1.6 box with VLSD because they are rare as rocking horse **** (in australia) you can fit the n13 pulsar VLSD unit to the more current GA16- n14-n15 boxes

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

BR>Sportsclassic, u need one?<BR><BR>il edit that post anywho..

i need one, got a viscous one in the rally car but i would be better off with a clutch one. see how many people you can get, and see what deal Humphris come up with.

Try www.mcasuspension.com they are in QLD, for your C-spanners. There are a few different sizes, depends on the size of your nut(adjuster)

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

DIV><BR><BR>most coilover c spanners will work, i used a tein set for mine / i have a set of hks ones that are hangin around somewhere.. i think :?, use a chisel, a hammer, and lots of love if your in a hurry!

Yeh I have an appropriate chisel/hammer, just didnt want to resort to that just yet =)
Is that a large sized Tein one? i'll buy one neway. Duno wat ur doing for mother's day mate, but i might drop over tomorro arvo, il call ya neway.
Mick

Mickeybbb WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>DIV&gt;<BR><BR>most coilover c spanners will work, i used a tein set for mine / i have a set of hks ones that are hangin around somewhere.. i think :?, use a chisel, a hammer, and lots of love if your in a hurry!"</DIV><BR><BR>Yeh I have an appropriate chisel/hammer, just didnt want to resort to that just yet =)<BR>Is that a large sized Tein one? i'll buy one neway. Duno wat ur doing for mother's day mate, but i might drop over tomorro arvo, il call ya neway.<BR>Mick

hmm, yeh, dunno, i can't seem to find any c spanners now :(

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
I got out the big screwdriver and hammer, had a few whacks, just cant do it =) Need a C spanner, if i didnt have to work 2day I would have done the rounds and found one..
Bought some pulsar SSS wheels, little boring, but at least I can go lower without tyre destruction

Mickeybbb WROTE:

"I got out the big screwdriver and hammer, had a few whacks, just cant do it =) Need a C spanner, if i didnt have to work 2day I would have done the rounds and found one..<BR>Bought some pulsar SSS wheels, little boring, but at least I can go lower without tyre destruction

found my hks ones, if your comin out bring your sus, and see if the hks will work on it.

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

"yeh it's $1200, anyone know how much the pulsar LSD, custom driveshaft jobbie costs? (Cisco, anyone? =) )<BR><BR>They are selling a second-hand rebuilt, Dog Box w/ LSD at the mo, cant remember price tho..<BR><BR>So i c a few ppl putting there 2 cents in..<BR>Matt u keeping ur Micra and getting one of these?<BR>Sportsclassic, u need one?<BR><BR>il edit that post anywho..

cisco should have done this to the blue monster to really take advantage of the power it had without stressing about breaking gearsets, not to mentoin better traction

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
how much difference would a lsd realy make?? in terms of power to the ground or handling are there any other better options?? or options that will improve over the lsd??

tris...

im keen, but only if its realy worth it!! cos to be honest its alot of money... hah

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
maat WROTE:

"DIV><BR><BR><BR><BR>cisco should have done this to the blue monster to really take advantage of the power it had without stressing about breaking gearsets, not to mentoin better traction

i would never use a dogbox on the road. you would wear the dog teeth out in no time from constantly start and stopping in traffic and your fuel economy will be up **** creek because of 1:1 5th gear, not to mention the noise that straight cut gears make.. sounds good but!

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
i would never use a dogbox on the road. you would wear the dog teeth out in no time from constantly start and stopping in traffic and your fuel economy will be up **** creek because of 1:1 5th gear, not to mention the noise that straight cut gears make.. sounds good but!

sportsclassic WROTE:

"i would never use a dogbox on the road. you would wear the dog teeth out in no time from constantly start and stopping in traffic and your fuel economy will be up **** creek because of 1:1 5th gear, not to mention the noise that straight cut gears make.. sounds good but!

the noise is the best part! i'd get a dogbox, but only cause the red car will probably do like 5km's a year when its done :D

woot woot, we have 4 ppl!

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"how much difference would a lsd realy make?? in terms of power to the ground or handling are there any other better options?? or options that will improve over the lsd??<BR><BR>tris...<BR><BR>im keen, but only if its realy worth it!! cos to be honest its alot of money... hah

lsd makes a massive difference especially the mechanical, i know of certain cases where just adding lsd to a SSS pulsar track car reduced its lap time signifigently

sportsclassic WROTE:

"i would never use a dogbox on the road. you would wear the dog teeth out in no time from constantly start and stopping in traffic and your fuel economy will be up **** creek because of 1:1 5th gear, not to mention the noise that straight cut gears make.. sounds good but!

correct me if im wrong but the blue monster wasnt a daily driver

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
then what is it/ was it hahaha.. just a micra lovers marvel..... where is it neway?? is the owner part of the forums?? or did some thick revhead who only wants a good car for fwd burnouts get his hands on it?? haha not to be rude or anything....

tris WROTE:

"then what is it/ was it hahaha.. just a micra lovers marvel..... where is it neway?? is the owner part of the forums?? or did some thick revhead who only wants a good car for fwd burnouts get his hands on it?? haha not to be rude or anything....

i'd say its the biggest oz hp built micra to date. that's it. only because no one else stupid enough has come along.. there's a few people now that'll challenge the monster, and blow it out of the water for sure. shame we don't see or hear of it anymore..

tris WROTE:

"then what is it/ was it hahaha.. just a micra lovers marvel..... where is it neway?? is the owner part of the forums?? or did some thick revhead who only wants a good car for fwd burnouts get his hands on it?? haha not to be rude or anything....

i'd say its the biggest oz hp built micra to date. that's it. only because no one else stupid enough has come along to waste there money.. there's a few people now that'll challenge the monster, and blow it out of the water for sure. shame we don't see or hear of it anymore..

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
haha yeah very true.... no1 has the mind of cisco... but i would definately kill for that car when it was in its prime!! there would be no doubt about it if i had the money that i would try make the best possible micra i could... im just imagineing the satisfaction of smoking a car that usualy the micra would be no match for through corners and all and seeing the dissapointment on the other drivers face..... however.. only a dream

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
issues hey? I have my feelers out for cusco units as well but they seem very pricey! Speedo I dont think would be a huge issue, would just stick a gps or bike speedo in.

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"So does anyone have one of these Gripper LSDs? Are they any good? Are they a torsen/quaife style or clutch pack?

heya
i'm using a gripper clutch LSD on my 1.3 slx turbo with 160bhp 160ftlb.

check my blog for details

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/35251-PollyMobiles-Rebuild/page18

at post #856 10th feb i got the lsd off matt but cos it was for competition use it didn't have space for the speedo gear

Attachments

• 68911.jpg
    68911.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 35
Back