Looking to start tuning...

Hey Guys,

Bought my Micra Sport + 2005 about 6 months ago, I would love to be able to get some more guts out of the engine as I feel like it really struggles sometimes, especially when the car is full of people or the air conditioning is switched on!

The car looks lovely as it is, haven't seen one in this colour before :) So I'm not going to ruin it by replacing bumpers, side skirts and fitting after market exhausts etc...

It's a 1.2 with 79BHP (I'm sure the engine has lost some efficiency as it is 10 years old) just maybe wanted to boost it to just below 100? Is it possible? Please let me know I have a mechanic on hand who is willing to help me but since he hasn't had experience with Micra's he'd love to know what to do

The car has been slightly modified and has Sports Brakes and Suspension Coil Overs, but other than that the Engine is stock :(

Cheers Guys, any help is great :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150724_201448[1].jpg
    IMG_20150724_201448[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
Check other threads on this topic both on the general discussion feed and on the tuning and mechanical modification feed :) there are many threads about this

Check other threads on this topic both on the general discussion feed and on the tuning and mechanical modification feed :) there are many threads about this

Awesome, I could only find a couple, one was an Exhaust upgrade but I don't know if it'll give me much more power, I have looked for exhausts and some of them are more about looks than performance but I will keep looking, and the other one was having a look at the ECU and trying to performance chip the Engine, I have no clue about performance chips lol and neither does the Mechanic oops, thanks for your help though much obliged :)

I like what you've done with your Micra it looks great, have you done any performance upgrades on it? If so, I'd love to know :)

Cheers

Yeah, I have yet to find a tuning shop who has worked on a K12 before :( it'd be a case of doing the work yourself or asking some japanese tuning gurus what they've done to get more power. Impul sell some tuning upgrades so check out their stuff!

And thank you very much! I do the best with what I'm given based on the fact that my insurance is still more than the car is worth because I'm a 'young' male so there's no hope of me getting a more powerful car any time soon ... but as far as power all I've got is a straight-pipe exhaust and an induction kit. It makes the car accelerate notably quicker but that's all, not much in the way of power. If i was you i'd look into turbocharging your car. Seriously. The 1.5 Dci K12 has a turbocharger and so if you just pulled the exhaust manifold out of a diesel model and got your own turbo and a custom intake manifold and throttle body then you'd be choo-chooing your way to 'easy' power :) I'd honestly do a turbo build myself if it wasn't my only car and if it was just my car, but other family members drive it whilst I'm away so I can't do anything too permanent with it unfortunately. One day though ...

Also worth noting that the K13 models have a supercharger ... just sayin' :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have yet to find a tuning shop who has worked on a K12 before :( it'd be a case of doing the work yourself or asking some japanese tuning gurus what they've done to get more power. Impul sell some tuning upgrades so check out their stuff!

And thank you very much! I do the best with what I'm given based on the fact that my insurance is still more than the car is worth because I'm a 'young' male so there's no hope of me getting a more powerful car any time soon ... but as far as power all I've got is a straight-pipe exhaust and an induction kit. It makes the car accelerate notably quicker but that's all, not much in the way of power. If i was you i'd look into turbocharging your car. Seriously. The 1.5 Dci K12 has a turbocharger and so if you just pulled the exhaust manifold out of a diesel model and got your own turbo and a custom intake manifold and throttle body then you'd be choo-chooing your way to 'easy' power :) I'd honestly do a turbo build myself if it wasn't my only car and if it was just my car, but other family members drive it whilst I'm away so I can't do anything too permanent with it unfortunately. One day though ...

Also worth noting that the K13 models have a supercharger ... just sayin' :rolleyes:

You're welcome :) Ahh damn my insurance was around £700 but I had one of those black boxes for 3 months which was great actually :) I think I might have to fit a straight pipe exhaust and an induction kit instead because I can't afford a turbo lol, I have looked into the supercharger kits but they look like a pig to fit, all in all I think the exhaust and induction kit is the best way to go, I heard a lot that the K12 Engines suffer a lot from back gases in the engine and they can't breathe properly so I'm hoping with those parts my Micra will sound awesome and will be able to climb the rev band faster :)

Back