Girlfriends K12 struggling to start/engine light fault

Hi chaps.

My girlfriend has a K12 which always struggles to start. Upon turning the ignition the car immediately wants to cut out (asif it isn't receiving enough fuel) and we have to pump the accelerator, give it 10-15secs and it runs fine.

Other problems in the past have been it has stalled and wouldn't restart for 10-15 minutes.
We have had the cam sensor replaced (about 12months ago).
The garage has said that the timing chain is stretched. Apparently he said there is a scale from -5 0 +5 and the chain is currently at about +4, he said not to get it changed yet but to wait until it sounds like a sewing machine then resolve the problem.

Yesterday was the coldest night of the year the car would not keep running. I would start the engine and pump the accelerator and it would run terribly for about 2-3 secs then die. i had to do this about 15 times (each time it would run for marginally longer) before it finally started and run fine.

Any ideas? I have read that i can short a couple of pins to get a fault readout but this could possibly be only on a k11?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Hi chaps.

My girlfriend has a K12 which always struggles to start. Upon turning the ignition the car immediately wants to cut out (asif it isn't receiving enough fuel) and we have to pump the accelerator, give it 10-15secs and it runs fine.

Other problems in the past have been it has stalled and wouldn't restart for 10-15 minutes.
We have had the cam sensor replaced (about 12months ago).
The garage has said that the timing chain is stretched. Apparently he said there is a scale from -5 0 +5 and the chain is currently at about +4, he said not to get it changed yet but to wait until it sounds like a sewing machine then resolve the problem.

Yesterday was the coldest night of the year the car would not keep running. I would start the engine and pump the accelerator and it would run terribly for about 2-3 secs then die. i had to do this about 15 times (each time it would run for marginally longer) before it finally started and run fine.

Any ideas? I have read that i can short a couple of pins to get a fault readout but this could possibly be only on a k11?

Any help is very much appreciated!
Did this get fixed?

Back