Looking for fog light stalk manufacturer code ...

Hi,

Need your help please because I lost days and nights looking for the right stalk with front fog lights for nissan micra facelift k11 - 1999 - SJNEAAK11U3275973.
http://nissan-europe.epc-data.com/micra/k11e/1742-cg10de/?frame_no=SJNEAAK11U3275973

From here: http://nissan4u.com/parts/micra/el_k11e/1999_11/type_48/body_electrical/switch/illustration_1/
position 8 - the right stalk nissan part code should be 25540-5F801.

I got one new (just the box opened) from ebay under the OEM part number - 25540-5F801 with the code written on the white label: 36852B 11F9 but this is not working - low beam/high beam are not working ok just blinkers are working fine.
A friend of mine has a Nissan stalk in his garage with front fog light position - code stamped on it (manufacturer code): 36829A 26H8 but again no low beam or high beam - blinkers are working fine.
The original stalk with no front fog light position has the code: 36828B-13L9.
I know that I can use another switch and I know how to connect it with a relay but my intention is to keep the dashboard in the original shape.

Before to have a collection of nissan stalks bought - I am looking forward for your help and experience - what is the manufacturer code (the white label on the stalk body) from a OEM stalk 25540-5F801?

Thank you much for reading/help,
Paul

If you have the stalk with all the correct switches on that you require, then just check the pinouts with a multimeter and re wire the connector plug to suit.

If you have the stalk with all the correct switches on that you require, then just check the pinouts with a multimeter and re wire the connector plug to suit.

Thank you - indeed is a good idea! I was thinking on the same side somehow but by moving inside the stalk the pieces as i imagined that the stalk is "modular" ... which is wrong. :)
At least i have an option now if I would not find a correct stalk.

all the best,
paul

He he - sorted out after one another half night spent in the garage ...
Starting from the fact that original stalk (36828B-13L9) and the one from my friend (36829A 26H8) have quite the same codes and the same color (blue) I have insisted more on this - I opened both and looked if are identical - and indeed backplates are identical.
The 2 wires from rear fog switch on 36828B-13L9 or the 3 wires for front fog and rear fog from 36829A 26H8 are connected to the pins located on the backplate - i assumed I can solder them as needed.
The only difference between the 2 stalk bodies remains this one inside piece (in the picture bellow). Even for me after 2 hours looking on all faces and angles - were the same shapes - it seems not. After I have interchanged the 2 pieces - I got the expected combinations of active pins of main connector.
It remains just to solder the 3 wires for front and rear fog to the pins of the backplane - and that part was easiest part.
I have discovered too that the relay for fog lights is missing - not a problem - i have used a spare auto relay 12v with 4 pins.
And yes, at 4 in the morning the front fog lights were working!
:)

Attachments

• 20151215_041717.jpg
    20151215_041717.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 265
Back