Look whats on carsales

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
That looks very much like "Family Hack" but with 4 or 5 years of touch-ups since it appeared in the Forced Micras section.

It was sold to Mychael/Mipcar by original Family Hack and White Knight owner Dave(?). Before Mychael/Mipcar passed away, I believe he traded it to a dealer on a new X-Trail?

It has A LOT of history on this forum.

CMF_Shifter

» CMF Member
I contacted the seller and he couldn't provide details on the ECU tune at all.. Weird.

1st post btw! Will post up more details on my Micra in a different thread.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
yep he knows basically nothing about it at all, he bought it from the yard that mipcar traded it in to. i drove it and it cuts out at high revs and stalls after driving up and down the street, seems to be an air/fuel issue

CMF_Shifter

» CMF Member
Yeah was almost funny reading his email..

"Quote" I am not sure what type of ECU modifications have been done to this car. It has been modified in a very different way.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
If it was kept the same as when it was family hack it will have a 5th injector set up on it. I bought the other one from the supercharged car when a decent ecu set up went on. From memory its a Toyota injector firing directly into the throttle body being controlled by a haltech F5. The haltech F5 has only 2 adjustments. The pressure the injector starts to fire at and how much it injects. They are a very basic setup.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Unfortunately I don't think there will be a "build thread" on here at all. I joined the site in around 2004/2005 and I'm pretty sure the car had been completed by then. Then around 2005/2006 there was a server crash and a whole lot of stuff on the site was lost.

Other than the link that hotfunk put up and the info that is in the Forced Micras section try searching for posts that are from Dave as "White Knight", "Family Hack" or "Vietnam Boy". Also Dave had his white supercharged LX built by Errol who did a bunch of custom Datsun and Nissan stuff through RatDats.com.au From memory, Errol became ill and had to shutdown his site, but I think he is still active on the datsun1200.com forum and was involved in putting together Family Hack.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
It runs so nothing required at the moment :p its stalls on downshift and pulling up to lights when its warm I believe it is caused by the combination of worn clutch and jun flywheel will be going to see chequered tuning to see whats up. Apart from that its a tidy car.

Back