Locked radio after battery change

First of all, hi. Can anyone help (otherwise I may beat my car like basil fawlty):

Had to call out AA and end of November as car not starting. AA man said battery died and charged me £70 to change car battery for new one. After he'd finished radio code required - checked handbook, no code, called my main Nissan dealer (who sold me the car four years ago and where I have had it serviced every year (and MOT'd)). They said £50 for radio code!!! despite it not being put in handbook or advised to me when I bought the car from them! Tried to guess it - needless to say didn't work - radio locked with radio saying "WAIT 1H" ever since.

To top it all the battery that the AA replaced 31 days ago, has now died tonight (god knows why) and have just had AA out again (3 and 1/2 hour wait), they kindly replaced the battery. Clicking noise from under bonnet went on for most of the 3 1/2 hours I waited. No idea what that was and AA man had no clue either.

Now facing radio code problem again and really resent paying the £50 to the nissan dealer. I see on here that others have got a code from the radio details, trouble is I have no idea how to get details of radio? Are these on the back of the radio, if so how do I remove the radio to get these?

Also if anyone has any suggestions as to what may have caused the clicking sounds / battery death, would be interested to hear.

Thanks

Back