Licence Plate Bulbs

Hi, my names Kurt I’m 19 and had my little micra since I passed my test I’ve already done a few mods to her but I want to change my rear license plate bulb to an LED one, does anyone know what bulb I need to buy because I’ve checked on eBay and couldn’t see any,
AF196C00-5100-4019-B424-4871D4327B0C.jpeg

Well the standard bulb fitted should apparently be a 10W one of these (501) according to the Haynes book of lies :-
481770130.jpg

Fairly sure mine has the more readily available 5W one currently fitted, though I do have some of these on order,

s-l400.jpg

with the intention of replacing the front side light bulbs and the numberplate bulb.....
By the way where did you get the rear bumper lower extensions? Wouldn't mind some of those on my Sport+....

I have these or similar led bulbs from ebay on my vehicle:
2pcs T10 194 W5W 1 LED Pure White Dome Instrument Car Bulb Lamp Chic IG
I fitted a couple very similar to those as side light bulbs in my first Saab about 5 years ago Mika, took them out after about a week as the light output was less than the standard 501 tungsten filament bulbs....:( would only fit ones now with Cree type emitters...
mkQmBku.jpg

A friend has just given me these, though not sure if I'm going to bother to fit them, the standard headlights are more than adequate...

CKG1J0v.jpg

going to be a pain trying to modify the rubber seals at the back of the headlights, can't see a solution to keep water out, especially as the heat sinks on the backs of the bulbs are fitted with cooling fans....

Last edited:
Well the standard bulb fitted should apparently be a 10W one of these (501) according to the Haynes book of lies :-
481770130.jpg

Fairly sure mine has the more readily available 5W one currently fitted, though I do have some of these on order,

s-l400.jpg

with the intention of replacing the front side light bulbs and the numberplate bulb.....
By the way, where did you get the rear bumper lower extensions? Wouldn't mind some of those on my Sport+....

I already had them in the car when it was bought, I've bought some of them, but I don't know how they fit into the licence plate bulb holder

I already had them in the car when it was bought, I've bought some of them, but I don't know how they fit into the licence plate bulb holder
The number plate light unit is just clipped into the bumper,

TBHAjDD.jpg

ease it out then you will see that the bulb holder is a bayonet fit. Twist it out then you can just pull the bulb out of it to replace....

Does this help?

nbTRXgv.jpg

However if the replacement LED is appreciably larger in diameter than the original tungsten filament 510 then you will have to find a different LED bulb that will physically fit. When the ones that I have ordered arrive I'll let you know if they fit the number plate light...

Back