led rear lights fitted and with pics

CMF_S2000

» CMF Member
Very nice. I seriously need some lights like these. Where you get them from?? Japan?? This may sound stupid but is it a straight bolt-on from the box?? How much was it??

Jack

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
55: ur car looks very nice indeed!!

love the spoiler and the lights or MINK.

just wondering the brake light is made of loads of little "LED" lights, correct? well how does the connectores fit into the "connection slot / housing"??

cheers

bizardo: in answer to ur question, heres a few.
ive got other sits if not good and to compare other prices so just email me or sumtin??

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/nissan_micra_boot_spoilers.html

Napster

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
ohh sorry u couldnt understand.
to some up lol what i meant was "is it an exact swap with the plug housings"?? which u told me!

so they where easy and simple to add to ur k11?

all the wires from original rear lights just unplugged and then reattched to the new plug socket?

napster

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
yo, the thread on "Micra.org.uk" where theres a group buy, im tyring to buy a pair :)

u said "wire placement" and "pull out 5wires and put them back in the plug"??, what do u mean by these please?

is it actual wires u take out a SWAP round or just the "wire housing clips"?

if ur confused again then sorry :)

Napster

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
ive also just noticed sumtin!!!!

the standard lights u had before (looking from behind the car) on the left u have a clear section for reverse light and on the right lights u have a red setcion for fog lights!!

the new LED lights have "clear" spaces on both rear lights??

where is the FOG LIGHT situated, still on the right, but its just a RED BULB?

so confusing lol

Napster

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member

Attachments

• 11079.jpg
    11079.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 27

CMF_James MSC

» CMF Member
As the lights are from Taiwan, they don't have a fog light, as it's not a legal requirement over there, they have two reverse lights, one on either side.

If a UK car does not have a fog light it will fail an MOT.

Two ways round this: Convert one reverse light to a fog light with a red bulb or bolt an aftermarket fog light under the bumper (ewww lol).

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
i know bout MOT FAILURE without fog light, but how can it be changed?

is it an easy swap with "fog connections" into the "reverse"???

thats all i wana know cause my cars setup with fog connections, so can i just link this up to the (what is the) "reverse light"??

cheers

napster

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
is it a switch of "rear light casings" with the new "rear lights" and then "completly add" the same "housing / clip" (with bulbs on) into the new pairs???

55bhp siad that 5wires need to be switched?? is that a "remove wire from housing" and insert into a new termoinal"???

napster

right the way i will tell you to wire it up will mean that if you just put a red bulb in place of the right reverse light then it will work. as in when you put it in reverse the left reverse light will come up and when u put teh fog light on the right reverse light will come up so if you replace the right reverse bulb with a red one you will have a working reverse light (in the mean time i just spray painting my reverse light red, a bit dodgy i know but it will do until i find a red bulb)

as for the wires on the actual light unit there is a white plug where you plug the connecter which is connected to your loom. if you pry the wires out of the plug on the light and re arrage them in a certain way (which i will tell you on request)then it will work.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
ohhh ok.

i just had to get my head around the "original bulb holder" and the way in which it corrisponds with the new lights!

guess then i will buy a pair and PRAY THAT I CAN WIRE IT UP (even with the help from u and a diagram)

napster

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
I just had my LED ligts in yesterday, they look awesome. Can somebody supply me with instructions on how to re-arrange the wiring from these lights so they will work properly? Much appreciated!

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
These are the colors on the original unit right? As my led ones dont have a yellow wire. I didnt find a chance the remove the origials from the car yet, that will probably shine some light into the situation.

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
I had the original lights off before, just heating up the glue helped a lot.

I tried fitting the led's yesterday, it was horrible! I pulled out all the pins of the original plug, and tested them on the new ones. everything worked, except for the taillight (so just the lights on, the brake light did work). Playing with it for a while didnt help me any further, so put the old lights back on. Than I realized that the tail lights also didnt work on these anymore, just the brake, and repeaters as on the LED lights.

Also the small bulbs near the headlights didnt work, and the backlights of the speedo. I checked the fuses, couldnt find anything. As it was getting dark already yesterday I had to leave my little car at my girlfriends house: Terrible! Who has an idea of what is going on here?

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
Many thanks frank, it was the fuse you suggested. Wired up one of the lights yesterday night, will do the other one this evening.

very happy :)

Attachments

• 30303.jpg
    30303.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 26
Back