k12 stereo

R

RIK

i have a 160sr with the 6 disc changer in..and today i noticed the stereo playing on for about 4 secs after the engine is of and the keys out of the ignition.

what causes this?

go to nissan its a common fault the radios are rubbish ive changed more stereos in k12s then ive had hot dinners

witty05 said:
go to nissan its a common fault the radios are rubbish ive changed more stereos in k12s then ive had hot dinners

will do...will they change it just for this reason though?

message to Witty05

Hi Witty05 - I'm a fellow Micra owner (one of the first of the new models, SE 1.4 Auto, May 2003), and, after reading in a post, you say "I've changed more stereos in K12s then I've had hot dinners" and I am impressed - I'm a mere novice with a couple of questions. Is my 2003 Micra known as a K12? I can't find out anywhere what the specification of the 'installed' car stereo is - not even the Micra dealer knows - but when I buy a better cd/radio what should I be looking to beat, wattage-wise?

The thing is, I want to replace the stereo with one that can take an iPod. Again, the Nissan dealer doesn't want to know, and I have no clue how "easy" it is, or not, to replace the stereo in my Micra. Halfords might do it but I hear they might cock everything up....I'd still want to retain the steering wheel control, and the speakers are fine, I just want an iPod connection. I could always fit a "Y" adapter to the aerial socket but I don't know how to access this.

Can you offer me some advice please?

Thanks!

Kevin

if you look in your vin number some where in it, it will say k12 or k11 or k10, but looking in your profile i would say u have a k12

i think but not sure on the stock radio it might have the wattage stamped into the metal but ive never looked for it tbh

there is quite a bit of work involved in removing a head unit from a k12, for example you have to

take the 2 a pillar trims off,
the the top of the dash,
then undo 3 10mm bolts trying not to drop them
then take out 2 phillips screws above the heater controls
and then the whole radio and 2 vents should come out
then its a couple of screws and the radio is out

if you just want an ipod connection you could get a fm transmitter for the ipod off ebay but i dont know what the quality is like on them

Back