K12 iPod friendly head unit installed

Hi, I've just installed an Alpine CDE-9880R in our Micra K12, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

It looks good (green or red illumination), it fitted a treat (did it all in under 45 mins), and with the 2 additional connectors/adaptor ordered at the same time, means it works with all the steering wheel controls!!! It's got a high speed full control link for the iPod, and a USB port too. It can take loads of amps and things, but sounds ok as it is.

Well chuffed! :greenfl:

Hi, Please Help
Just about to install an alpine 9850i into my Micra and wondered how easy it was to connect the steering wheel control to the unit. Do I need a wire from the head unit to the steering wheel?
Thanks
Dave

I'd check with a local Alpine dealer as I can't find the info on this for your model, but I think you'll need 2 adaptors/leads.
One of them that I had to use was the PC99-X70 steering wheel control adaptor. Then I think you'll need the PC99-ALP patch lead.
These SHOULD allow you to connect the lead going into the back of the K12's OEM stereo from the steering wheel to the new head unit.

Back