K11 First car

ive just bought a k11 r reg for my first car its had nothing one to it so i want to make it look better had anyone got any ideas that i could do to it.

alright homie... i see you from oldham... 5 minutes away...
i live in ashton-u-lyne
well dont worry everyone here has got sweet looking cars...

what you need to decide is what suits your style...

obviously i like my car but might not be to your taste...

first post what car you got i.e. 1.0l shape/1.3l super s etc..
and we'll let you know what can be done...

also what you thinking... bodywork aesthetics or tuning...

p.s i bought my k11 as a temp run around when i first passed... 4years later we still together so good investment...

imo its best just to have a look in old threads at pics of mods and if you have any questions about things you see just ask. :)

most common things people start with its colour codin everything ,de-bump strip,lowerd,15" alloys,and a nice exhaust

best to check threads in k11 body modification section or use search button,,im sure youl find alot of stuff

de-sticker it ! defo as a starting point... if you dont want to take the bump stips off spray them the same colour or contrasting colour....i did it with mine, will you be coming to the meet on 29th of october ?

adammichael said:
ive just bought a k11 r reg for my first car its had nothing one to it so i want to make it look better had anyone got any ideas that i could do to it.

How much u pay?

Hey
I'm local to you too, Rochdale.
If you're after modding ideas I'd suggest coming to the NW meet on the 29th (see here for details)
Should be many there with many mods.

paid 850 for it its a 1 litre equation its called R reg, with it bein my first car n everything i avent got a clue about moddin cars or anything. can you's post sum pics of ur cars to give me sum ideas

you just take the stickers off like the micra badge on the boot etc

best is to heat them up with hair dryer, carfully pick them off and use a solvent or soapy water to remove the glue. this will work for bump strips as well. best trying a search for better expalnation as this is a quick one. theres a few guides about for this sort of stuff.

with regards to modding it depends on what you want like people have said, performance or body, ice etc

:)

oh and welcome to the MSC :)

some of my ols car,

colour coded handles,and smooth roof,no arial

Attachments

• Image038.jpg
    Image038.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Image013.jpg
    Image013.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 244
  • Image010.jpg
    Image010.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Image076.jpg
    Image076.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 227
goldstar0011 said:
Hey
I'm local to you too, Rochdale.
If you're after modding ideas I'd suggest coming to the NW meet on the 29th (see here for details)
Should be many there with many mods.

thats your best bet to do, quite a few of the NW peeps have body kits i think

Ive got exactly the same car for my first car (paid slightly more though!)
Mine is sliver and i wanted to smarten it up to, have done nothing to it mechanically but it looks cute,Ive:
Put some seat covers in
Put on a sunstrip
added playboy graphics to the side doors and back bumper(you might not fancy that one!)
Added a steering wheel cover
Added a stainless steel exhaust trim

Im trying to get my hands on some clear side repeaters at the minute

pefect thread for a beginner!

hi there all,
i'm new to the game aswell, i've got a 1.0L silver "L" reg k11, and sooo much i wanted to do.
i say wanted because i have recently found out that that modding a car cost money, a fair bit more money than a second year A Level student with a part time job at Tesco has in their pocket. nevertheless i have so far

• added a jvc mp3 head unit
  • added some DLS 6x9
  • added a exhaust cover
  • covered the nasty "L" on the back with a new shiny dragon
  • replaced the front headlight and sidelight bulbs with blue xenon-look bulbs
  • bought but not yet recieved new wheels trims
  • put in shiny steel effect floor mats
  • installed a fridge in the boot
  • broken both rear exterior door handles!!
  • and taken off one of the side bump strips using a pressure washer!!

so basically you see that i'm not on a great budget, but i have ambitions :D

there were a few things i needed help on though
  1. can the front or rear light units from a later new shape k11 be put in mine- old shape?
  2. how have all of you done your interior - colour coding?
  3. where can i get clear rear lights?
  4. where can i get "eyelids" for the the front?
  5. can i change the lights in the speedo, fuel meter etc to blue?
  6. my fan/heatings system inside is not working properly, it is either off or on full power! how can i fix this?
  7. and finally my front left headlight is not working correctly - no power is getting to the big bulb. i have changed the bulb and the fuse and i know they work but the light still doesn't come on!

so any help is appreciated and hello to you all.

EcHO

to change to newer shape lights(facelift) you will have to change the whole of the front end bonnet bumper and wings,,more money :D

and the heater problem is the resistor :D

yes you can change the dash dial lights to blue,eBay have them for the k11 :D

clear lights are hard to get hold of,i dunno wer from tbh,,but hte front eyelids can get from larkspeed that i know of anyway

interior colour coding is simply spray paint :D make sure you prepair it right or it comes of and looks a mess

think that covers most of you questions,,

cheers rik
that does cover most of it, just the eyelids and my front headlight fault. i dont think i will go with the new front lights in that case fwn, i'm still looking into the iinterior painting, i've read some posts about it but it seems quite pricey, i posted some one who has done it to find out how much it cost them. the resistor thing seems a common problem. apparlently its something in the glove box? i'm going to a scrap yard on thursday to pick up some handles and mudflaps, any idea how i can take out this resistor thing aswell while i'm there? the lights in the dash seem to be standard led's so i will look into that but i forgot to mention that my petrol warning light doesn't come on, at all!! dont know if thats a common problem.

many thanks

Back