K11 ENGINE LIGHT ALWAYS ON Help !

K

karlg

Dear all,

This is a great forum to have found.

I have an Xreg K11, 61000 on the clock. Had no problems with it at all.

Yesterday the Engine light came on and has stayed on constant. :glare:

It seems to run fine, no stalling, engine temperature fine, idles fine. In fact nothing I can detect.

As usual this is a bad month to be taking it off to the garage.

Any suggestions, ideas at all

Many thanks ......

does it misfire at high rpm or drive quite un-smoothly? if so could be the air flow meter.

If there really is nothing obvious you need to get it checked on a consult computer, as on the X-Reg onwards none of us have worked out how to get the fault codes using the paperclip idea :(

An update to my problems

To update you on my troubles ..........

The engine light went out and hasn't come back on - No I didn't take the bulb out.

However its now not quite driving as well. Its still takes a bit of starting in the mornings and is chuggy when pulling away. Seems fine in higher revs ........

Could this be the spark plugs ?? Would that explain the engine light coming on in the first place ??

Any suggestions ..........

Ed said:
you need to get a fault code readout from the ecu

yes.this is what you need to do

ist easy and will take you to yor problem right away.
do a search on the MSC for fault codes on the k11 and you should find them and how to do it yourself

his is an X-Reg so would use the newer ECU & loom, nobody knows how to get the codes off without getting it on a consult computer. so thats the only way you can find out whats wrong.

Back