K11 Driving Lamp Connectors

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Does anyone have any spare? i want these so i dont have to cut the original wiring to wire them up.

Cheers

i cut the plugs off mine and wired on blade connectors. which is better i think.

it also means that it fits in with standard foglight wiring kits

I had the drivers one already there taped up behind the headlight. I couldn't find a passenger side one so I went to scrappy and cut off one of the drivers side ones and then attached it to the drivers side to power the passenger side light.

I don't actually think there is a passenger side connector already in the car because I looked around in all of the micra's in the scrappy and none of them had one but they all had the drivers side one.

and also according to the wiring diagram in haynes the passenger side one is just fed from the drivers side. :grinning:

what car models did you use?

where abouts are the connectors taped? i don't think i've seen them before...

well mine's a 1.3 SLX, not sure what the ones in the scrappy were but I looked in about 5 different micra's and they all had them.

I've circled the connector in the attached picture.

just ignore the red and yellow wires in that pic, they aren't in my car anymore cos they were for the aftermarket fogs i had fitted.

the connector will be taped up round about that area.

Attachments

• 14-02-06_1443.jpg
    14-02-06_1443.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 317
thanks haylz thats sooo useful... but where is that lol?

is that the washer filler tube going up the middle?

:D

It looks like where the washer bottle is... on driver side... just behind the front panel... and the light

that's what i thought.. will have to have a look tommorow :)

kinda ###### me off thou cos i just spent ages wiring in a relay. did a really good job too using proper nissan relay and mounted it in the relay holder where air con normally goes...

but if there is a loom already there.... grr

Sorry yeah it's beside where the washer bottle is.

the wiring for the relay is already there , see the pic below.

I just got a nissan relay from a scrappy from primera driving lights for it.

The only thing that is missing is a connector in the fuse box next to steering column where the 15A fuse should go for the driving lights.

To get round this I took a live from the live which goes to the rear fog light (the white and blue wire which goes into the rear fog light relay from the battery), put an inline fuse in it and then connected it to the orange wire which goes into the relay which is already there pictured below and they work with main beam as they should!

Oh and for the passenger side light I had to take a branch off the connector for the drivers side, but I got the other connector I needed from the scrappy.
If you need any more help just ask. :grinning:

Attachments

• 14-02-06_1444.jpg
    14-02-06_1444.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 250
Haylz said:
Sorry yeah it's beside where the washer bottle is.

the wiring for the relay is already there , see the pic below.

I just got a nissan relay from a scrappy from primera driving lights for it.

The only thing that is missing is a connector in the fuse box next to steering column where the 15A fuse should go for the driving lights.

To get round this I took a live from the live which goes to the rear fog light (the white and blue wire which goes into the rear fog light relay from the battery), put an inline fuse in it and then connected it to the orange wire which goes into the relay which is already there pictured below and they work with main beam as they should!

Oh and for the passenger side light I had to take a branch off the connector for the drivers side, but I got the other connector I needed from the scrappy.
If you need any more help just ask. :grinning:

wow :) you have some skills there :)

i think because mine is 98 it doesn't have the same setup. my relay box is next to the dizzy, infact the only micras i've seen so far with the same fuse box possition as mine are the facelifts...

Thanks loads for the help Haylz, doesn't matter too much cos like i said i have already fitted the relay so it's not a problem :)

so do your lights come on with the rear foglight yea? instead of the full beam?
cos i don't think you can use that because the driving lamps blind other drivers...

59 bhp is more than enough said:
ive got a set of super s fogs you can have as one has a crack in the plastic at the back. still has original wiring

i think he's after the car side of the wiring...

NeX said:
wow :) you have some skills there :)

i think because mine is 98 it doesn't have the same setup. my relay box is next to the dizzy, infact the only micras i've seen so far with the same fuse box possition as mine are the facelifts...

Thanks loads for the help Haylz, doesn't matter too much cos like i said i have already fitted the relay so it's not a problem :)

so do your lights come on with the rear foglight yea? instead of the full beam?
cos i don't think you can use that because the driving lamps blind other drivers...

No they don't come on with rear fog. They come on with main beam like they're supposed to. :grinning: I got the live for them from the white/blue wire which goes from the battery to the rear fog relay so I connected it before it goes into the relay (if that makes sense) I don't actually know that much about electrics, I just studied the wiring diagram in my haynes for a while and thought I would give it a try and hey presto it worked first time lol

Haylz said:
No they don't come on with rear fog. They come on with main beam like they're supposed to. :grinning: I got the live for them from the white/blue wire which goes from the battery to the rear fog relay so I connected it before it goes into the relay (if that makes sense) I don't actually know that much about electrics, I just studied the wiring diagram in my haynes for a while and thought I would give it a try and hey presto it worked first time lol

well i'm very impressed :) i tried to use the haynes when wiring in my towbar and all the wires were different in the haynes to real life :(

so you didn't run a wire from the rear fog you just borrowed the live feed from the rear fog relay :) cleaver

i wish i'd thought of that, i ran new wires to the battery when there were already live wires there in the relay next to mine :(

Back