k11 angel eyes

Pre facelift ones look better than the post facelift. I wouldnt mind seeing how good they are for real though!

Pre facelift ones look better than the post facelift. I wouldnt mind seeing how good they are for real though!

yea i thought the post facelift ones look alittle boring but still they might look good :D

when i get my set i am gonna need to try em on something lol

To be honest i think they will probably be a bit naff, youll have one bulb in the middle of that, and no proper lenses. I doubt they have been tested for approval, and instead its just a modified stock unit with two rings stuck behind the glass. It will alter the light patten, and it wont be a positive thing.

This guy is selling Almera ones too, and for some reason the guy used phase 1 lights instead of Phase 2 crystal style ones, I think someone on the AOC is gonna buy a set and if they do i'll let you know what they think

I agree with Ed, they look crap behind frosted glass, they work much better with clear glass.

Kev

yep i was thinking they are just modded ones but they aren't too pricey for a pair of new lights and i will see if they are any good. if not i can take them apart and make them normal again...

if they dont pass an Mot cos of the beam pattern then i can send them back cos they said they are e marked and road legal :D

if your not satisfied with the item anyway, you should be able to return it.

You can put in your own angel eyes, it's pretty straight forward to do and very much cheaper then £70 +P&P.

Kev

wicked guide (Y)

cant wait for NEX to get some pics up when they arrive!!!!

i cant seem to find the "aluminium blind rod" he used to actually make them out of???

if you do a search on ebay for halo rings, youl find them ready made, alot easier than making them yourself and alot cheaper than buying the alredy modified headlamps

I can make the rings for £30 for 2, i have just managed to track down all the parts and they are fairly simple to make, the only bit i can;t find is reflective tape lol,

Shr3k

If anyone wants some pm me.

I can make the rings for £30 for 2, i have just managed to track down all the parts and they are fairly simple to make, the only bit i can;t find is reflective tape lol,

Shr3k

If anyone wants some pm me.

i think the tape is just aluminium tape from focus :D

Well my m8 said to me about making flat ones for under footwells and things so i'm going to test it out, so watch this space ;)

Shr3k

Well my m8 said to me about making flat ones for under footwells and things so i'm going to test it out, so watch this space ;)

Shr3k

go for it :D but don't forget to take pics for a guide if it all goes well :D good luck :D

I will don;t worry ;)

If anyone needs to know i got the aluminum blinds from The Range, so if you have one near you ;)

Shr3k

Back later with how it goes ;)

na mate, the lights aint here yet :(

they said 7 days and i ordered them last thursday so.....

but as soon as they are here, i will get them on a car and get pics :D

Hiya, I was thinkin about making halo rings for my speakers... After watching that video!! BUT!!! What is that rod he uses? Any ideas?

Or, anyone whos made it before tell me?

Any news on the lights yet Nex? :D

the rod used is clear plastic rods from window blinds.

kinda hard to find but we did find them at the range (i think you can get them seperately but we just got the set)

just use them

Jackassuk

i have been out of the country... well i still am, gonna get on a plane in 5 hours lol, so i dont know if they are here yet. but as soon as they are here i will get them on one of my cars and get a review up or something ÖD

I have been to this guys house when he started the business (selling out of his garage :) ). Nice chap, made me a set for £25. Charging more as they are popular. Best thing is to email him and ask for the universal kits (which he DOES sell - I bought one two years ago) which is EXACTLY the same thing he uses to put in the OE lights. He used to charge £15 for the halos and £10 to fit them. No idea how its ballooned to £70...

I sold mine in the end as they do look stupid behind standard glass (needs to be clear)

Nex, can't you just swap the glass over from your crystal ones?

yea i was thinking that, i may give it a try as the mot guys said my clear lights arn't legal GRR!!!!!

the lights have arrived but i am on holiday so i havent seen them yet..... let you guys know when i get back :D

Back