K10 Major Servicing

I want to give my 1987 D reg 1.0 Auto a good service.

Can anyone detail anything else other than air filter, fuel filter, transmission oil, engine oil, oil filter, dizzy cap, rotor arm, ht leads, aux drive belt (I think that's it) that needs doing?

Do valve clearances need setting (like on a OHV/HCS Fiesta) or anything along those lines?

I have some engine flush, is it safe to run it through before changing oil or will it clog anything up like it can do on Ford CVH engines?

No dont use engine flush on a old engine unless its really done less than 30kmiles, the old dirt built up in the engine clogs up holes. Don't have to worry about valve clearances unless it sounds like a fiesta although your welcome to check them. lol
The distributor can be serviced gaps etc, tired and forgot words but im sure someone will in tomoz!

best thing to do mate is get a Haynes manual as it details all the servicing intervals in the front, it'll be the best investment you ever make that book ;)

How recently has the cambelt been changed? You might aswell change the waterpump whilst your in there

got my cambelt to fit tomorrow :D

how much is a water pump? cba tbh to change it.

Txt speak?

And why not change it whilst your in there? It seems stupid. They're only about 20/30 quid and you'l only end up having to take it all off again to change it at a later date

(cant be arsed to be honest)

£30 :S jesus!

Its not that hard to do anyway (fingers crossed) Its not like I have to take the engine out or theres aircon, powersteering etc things in the way.

Ryan.

Back