K 12 bottom engine shield on visia?Part Number

If it's a diesel, you're right, it should have a plastic "shield" under the car
I have one on my 55 plate dci (first facelift) and Guy has one on his Visia dci too ;)

here's a link to the parts catalogue...although it only seems to go upto late 2007 (K12E) models...I'm not sure if the under Valance thing is any different with the facelift?

http://nissan4u.com/parts/

I've had a quick look and can't find it, but there's alot to go through there...

I'll just pop out and get a few photo's of mine, might not be helpful but, y'never know there might be a part number on it! :p

Not sure if any of these will help you with fitting (if you can get hold of one)
would have been easier if I could jack her up and photograph, without the jack subssiquently getting in the way LOL

DSC00549_zpsecf56273.jpg

DSC00548_zps6e36c534.jpg

DSC00547_zps9adc27cf.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00542_zps18461398.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00545_zpsd2a05426.jpg

just a quick note when I first got my K12 (2009) at speeds exceeding 50MPH there was a horrible rumbling noise...it turned out to somehow be this under shield not attached properly...we ended up adding a few tie wraps/cable ties to hold it more securely, not more horrific noise :p

DSC00546_zps1e661aa0.jpg

It may be worth checking at or contacting your local/nearest scrap/breakers yard
if all else fails a decent parts guy at your local Nissan dealer should have an idea of what you're looking for ;)

Thank you for your comprehensive and fast reply I got a price for one yesterday from Nissan .........£131 + vat........ GULP a lot of money for what essentially is a bit of plastic I had look at the service book the lady who I bought it from had it serviced in June so i wonder if the garage may have left it off by mistake may be worth giving them a bell !
you're welcome...and Ouch!!! £131 +vat!? o_O
...that's as silly as the heater control kn0bs...I got quoted £17+vat each....for the little plastic dials for the heater/fan :confused: ! lol

Yes, it may indeed be worth calling that garage...if they were daft enough to leave it off (if it still had it then of course)
...hopefully they haven't chucked it :rolleyes:

like I said...check scrap yards maybe even ebay for breakers...I wouldn't pay much more than perhaps £20?...

...£154 for a piece of plastic extortionate !!
...agreed :p

like I said keep an eye out on ebay/gumtree too, most sellers/breakers are willing to post parts to you at a price to get rid, just ask 'em ;)
you may even be lucky enough to stumble across one breaking down the road from you.

Good luck ^_^

I am in the same boat... winter is pretty much here and i am looking for a undershield i've been to 20 breaker yards searched the net with no luck.
Honestly rhe sheet plastic idea is the best bet as a cheap and easy replacement.
Requires a little work but its worth it

2mm plastic sheet isnt heat resistant , i did 30 miles yesterday jack the car up, it was really hot ie sump. I really dont fancy setting my car on fire. i was thinking of making a template going to the breakers and taking one of a rover/jag or a large vehicle and cutting it down. by any chance does anyone have any measurements?

2mm plastic sheet isnt heat resistant , i did 30 miles yesterday jack the car up, it was really hot ie sump. I really dont fancy setting my car on fire. i was thinking of making a template going to the breakers and taking one of a rover/jag or a large vehicle and cutting it down. by any chance does anyone have any measurements?
What type of plastic? I could probably spec you a plastic that would take 500 degrees odd, wallet acommodating.

Usual car undertrays are made of polypropylene plastic.
The really hot sump only gets to approx 80 degrees celcius
You wont set nothing on fire. If it did I wouldn't recommend it :)

Back