hope this pic uploads

Attachments

• 46398.jpg
    46398.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 19

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks rowstar I appreciate it :)

My opinion only, the current "micra.com.au" on the right, with the fading pinstripes in the background looks much cleaner and professional than just having a larger blocky font.

In your logo image, the car looks pixelated (zoomed in digitally too much etc), so its gone a little blocky. I don't really like the black inner circles inside the wheels for some reason.

But I do think that the current "cisco's micra files" logo text could definitely be improved and isn't perfect. It's a very simple font and can perhaps be enhanced with the right design. But I haven't seen it yet :) Thanks heaps though man I appreciate your effort/passion.

I think the car with the weird skirts/splitters :) is fine and carries some heritage (Thanks Alex B for designing that logo originally), but perhaps the "cisco's micra files" text can be improved. Definitely feel free to post some more ideas :)

I'll try to make some more time over the coming weeks to dive in a do a bit more work on other areas of the site too. Even this thread/message page for example looks really cheap and dated now to me, the CSS is so old ;0

Cheers guys.

cisco

» CMF Member
Also another question in general. is there much demand for more of a K12 presence on here? Or are K12's just not cool?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
cisco WROTE:

"Also another question in general. is there much demand for more of a K12 presence on here? Or are K12's just not cool?

K11's are where it's at :p I think the reason there aren't really any K12 owners on here (besides Micragirl.. briefly!) is just because of the market that Nissan has aimed the K12 at - not nearly as many enthusiasts of them as there are of K11's for sure. You just have to see a few K12s to see the demographics of people are driving them and sadly I don't hold much hope for getting as many K12s on here as there are K11s.

---dens

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Having owned both a K11 and a K12 from brand new, I feel I am more than qualified to say that there is NO comparison, K11's are "cool", K12's are "cute". Mind you the demographic of the K11 drivers when they first came out, was, um, the older generation to put it nicely. K11 owners now are of a much younger age group, apart from us total nutjobs who love the K11 for its feisty personality, unassuming looks and plain gutsiness. I loved Mikey with all my heart for 12 years, and it broke to see it sold, the pain only lessened by him being given a home by my brother. He is still going strong, he's had a few roos ricochet of his bonnet and front bumper, but he's strong and gives no trouble to my brother. Watch this space...he's being sold again.

As for the K12, I have driven it round for the last 2 weeks while my Swift Sport took a well earned rest in the garage. The car does not have the same heart as the K11, they are totally different cars. Nissan only imported automatic Micras, a minus as far as I am concerned. To be fair, the K12 is still very tight, is auto and I am a bit more cautious as a driver nowadays than when I bought Mikey in 1995. Having said that, I love stretching the Swift Sport's legs on the M1, which she does quite willingly, nothing gets past her.

I had no idea of the K11's capabilities until I took him on a trip to Tasmania. I was dubious as to how it would perform, I needn't have worried, he totally exceeded my expectations. Every bit as good as the Swift, no power loss on hills, the only thing the Swift has over the Micra K11 is its ability to take corners and bends without any body roll whatsoever. This is why I love the Swift, acceleration does not have to decrease to take a bend in the road, it hugs the corners, and is perfectly stable. Anyway I am rambling here lol.....later guys.....

CMF_rowstar

» CMF Member
Thanks for the replies....
yeah it's all big and **** cos of the screen capture i took of it- sorry to confuse. this is the actual size. I just gave the logo a quick crack to see if we could get something updated moving.
In regards to the blocky font I just used because it is more in line with what our Micra logos look on car, so seemed more appropriate to reflect that...give the font some meaning.

The .com.au to the right currently to me looks a little dated though....or 80's with those lines running through, so thought i'd simplify it.

can keep trying though...

Attachments

• 46541.jpg
    46541.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 17
Back