Japfest 20th May

post code:SN14 7EY

The circuit is 5 miles west of Chippenham on the B4039 just half a mile from the village of Castle Combe.
Click here for a detailed location map.

BY CAR (Follow Signs)
The circuit is situated close to Junctions 17 & 18 of the M4 motorway and is clearly signposted using the brown tourist signs marked with a chequered flag. london is approximately 90 miles, Birmingham 80 miles and Cardiff 60 miles.

BY RAIL
Chippenham is on the main line from Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads. For travel enquiries, contact National Rail enquiries on 0845 7484950. Taxis are available at the station. One of the main taxi companies operating in Chippenham is Easy Taxis. They are contactable on (01249) 655471.

HELICOPTER LANDING
Castle Combe Circuit is situated 45 minutes from Bristol Airport and 90 minutes from Heathrow.

Helicopter landing strictly by prior permission only (PPO). A landing fee is required. Contact the Castle Combe Circuit Office for further details on (01249) 782929.

i thought we were all having a mini meet before hand at Stu's?

Stuart?

i'll be there in the beast :) we should all meet up ;)

its just down the road so how can i not lol :D

Hi guys, sorry to let you down. Shortly after i saw you all last at boxhill my head gasket went, after taking the head off it i found out the head was corroded and the gearbox having its own problems i decided it was time to call it a day. so RIP M538 YEY
P1010025.jpg

However every cloud n all that. I got my finger out and got my real project on the road and will now be seen driving this!!!
thumbstusmini.jpg

So unfortunately i won't be holding a camp at mine anymore as i wont be off to japfest. Sorry guys, but i am still about and will still be posting.
Stu
*thread stealage over*

Stuart said:
Hi guys, sorry to let you down. Shortly after i saw you all last at boxhill my head gasket went, after taking the head off it i found out the head was corroded and the gearbox having its own problems i decided it was time to call it a day. so RIP M538 YEY
P1010025.jpg

However every cloud n all that. I got my finger out and got my real project on the road and will now be seen driving this!!!
thumbstusmini.jpg

So unfortunately i won't be holding a camp at mine anymore as i wont be off to japfest. Sorry guys, but i am still about and will still be posting.
Stu
*thread stealage over*

that is soooo harsh mate,

but nice mini :D

BTW can i get the wings, grill and wingmirrors off your car? :)

you should still come to jap fest, plenty of minis going ;)

are you giving up micras ?!?

NeX said:
that is soooo harsh mate,

but nice mini :D

BTW can i get the wings, grill and wingmirrors off your car? :)

you should still come to jap fest, plenty of minis going ;)

are you giving up micras ?!?

Can I have the front bumper if you're breaking it? :blush:

I have to leave here at 4.30am for Japfest. :kungfu: If you guys are about, come and find me. Our car (not the Micra lol) is on a stand up by all the trade stands I believe, so you have no excuse not to say hello. :D

Well i will be giving up micra's for now until i need to do long journeys and need something more reliable. unfortunately the micra is long out of my grasp so i cant get those parts mate.
I will still be found lingering around on the MSC but i wont be a micra driver unfortunately

Stuart said:
Well i will be giving up micra's for now until i need to do long journeys and need something more reliable. unfortunately the micra is long out of my grasp so i cant get those parts mate.
I will still be found lingering around on the MSC but i wont be a micra driver unfortunately

Lol, what a load of vultures we are. :D

Hopefully see some of you on Saturday though.

rallybunny said:
Can I have the front bumper if you're breaking it? :blush:

I have to leave here at 4.30am for Japfest. :kungfu: If you guys are about, come and find me. Our car (not the Micra lol) is on a stand up by all the trade stands I believe, so you have no excuse not to say hello. :D

we'll have to have a wonder round then :)

you should come to the carpark and look for micras :p

Stuart, that's harsh mate, atleast tell me you kept the wheels!!!

minis are great cars, my mate got hit by one and it didn't even hurt :D it was sliding across the carpark and he was sitting on his moped and it threw him off lol, now the mini had a black door instead of a red one,

Seriously stu, come down in the mini :D

I would come down but i have a the london to brighton mini run to go to. But next jap meet i'll up for. Once a jap, always a jap!
have a good time guys
and i did keep the wheels and i sold em for 50!!! i got em for free :D:D:D

Stuart said:
I would come down but i have a the london to brighton mini run to go to. But next jap meet i'll up for. Once a jap, always a jap!
have a good time guys
and i did keep the wheels and i sold em for 50!!! i got em for free :D:D:D

score! nice one mate :D

Gemma, Bring the micra! we need to make the numbers :)

NeX said:
Gemma, Bring the micra! we need to make the numbers :)

Nah its not finished I havnt finished the colour coding and it looks crap if the rain doesnt let up I wont have a door handle on either need new dampers and cant afford them yet so dont really want to use the car much as I will end up with piles! lol

(plus I really want to go in this i havnt been in it b4)

Gemma85 said:
Nah its not finished I havnt finished the colour coding and it looks crap if the rain doesnt let up I wont have a door handle on either need new dampers and cant afford them yet so dont really want to use the car much as I will end up with piles! lol

(plus I really want to go in this i havnt been in it b4)

bah poor excuses :p my car is a state, i haven't fixed the dent in the bumper when i hit a small wall and the passenger wing where someone went into me...

well keep you eyes out for micra owners :) you'll reconise us even if we're not with our cars :D

detox said:
well looks like i will have to get a lift with you NEX but would it be ok if Jack came with us!!!

yea sure,

close enough to walk almost :) and last time i spent half an hour in a massive que of scoobies cos i got caught up right in the middle when the scoobie club turned up :)

NeX said:
yea sure,

close enough to walk almost :) and last time i spent half an hour in a massive que of scoobies cos i got caught up right in the middle when the scoobie club turned up :)

Surprised it was only 1/2 hour, the amount that were there. :laugh:

rallybunny said:
Surprised it was only 1/2 hour, the amount that were there. :laugh:

lol well you know them scoobie owners like to go fast :D

and NO detox you ain't driving my car... cos you can't see out the window :p

NeX said:
lol well you know them scoobie owners like to go fast :D

hay there is now need for that (just you look funny 6 foot something in a small car!!!)

NeX said:

lmao!! - that and he hasnt got a driving licence / insurance anyway!

Arnold said:
lmao!! - that and he hasnt got a driving licence / insurance anyway!

Oh yea that too lol :D

BTW Arnold are you comming?? comeon!!

by the looks of it its just me :down:

BTW if it makes it any easier, we can all have a mini meet in the car park outside my house and then cruize over to castle combe :D

rallybunny said:
Weather report looks rubbish. God, I hope it's not as torrential as last year. :(

wasn't all that bad... it rained more towards the end...

anyway rain makes drifting more interesting ;)

rallybunny said:
See you all tommorrow.

That is the car I'll be loitering around, and that's me screwing my nose up stood behind it. Lol.

Picture_012ed.jpg

oooh very nice, i will keep my eyes out for that one :D

so nobody coming for a minimeet :down:

oh well, my car's ugly anyway. my bumpers are STILL not done...

should be good there, not looking forward to spending all my money on bits and bobs :S

well japfest was cool, not that any of you were there :p

the best bit was me and detox doing handbrake turns in the carpark field :D

Nice drift cars, very clean engine bays, mad installs and crazy mods!!

there was a VERY nice nissan cube there :D i want one sooo bad lol, i have a pic somewhere....

there was an orange drift car with an exhaust that exited just below the rear quarter window and as it was drifting, fire was coming out of it :D soo cool :)

I wanted that pink Sumo Power 350z soooooo bad! Did you take any pics Nex? I didn't, was far too busy protecting myself from the wind, and holding onto our gazebo after we saw the MR2 stand's one rolling over the tops of all their cars. :eek:

Did you see that accident on the way out? Hope it wasn't too serious. :eek:

NeX said:
there was a VERY nice nissan cube there :D i want one sooo bad lol, i have a pic somewhere....
I've quite fancied one of those myself for a while now. Something a bit different and they can look really good when their all "done" up. :suspect:

rallybunny said:
I wanted that pink Sumo Power 350z soooooo bad! Did you take any pics Nex? I didn't, was far too busy protecting myself from the wind, and holding onto our gazebo after we saw the MR2 stand's one rolling over the tops of all their cars. :eek:

Did you see that accident on the way out? Hope it wasn't too serious. :eek:

Yea the sumo cars wer nice :)

The wind was SO harsh. Did you walk round the track? because at the opposite end of the track it was sooo windy it was hard to stand up!!

I saw an Evo stand blow over :) I hate the wind!

i didn't see a crash on the way out but i did see one on the way in lol, two boyracers had gone into the back of each other round a blind corner... was suprised that there wasn't more accidents actually...

Let me see if i can get a few pics up ;)

pics and vids enjoy :)

Attachments

• 20-05-06_1000.jpg
    20-05-06_1000.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 20-05-06_1001.jpg
    20-05-06_1001.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 20-05-06_1003.jpg
    20-05-06_1003.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 20-05-06_1020.jpg