Jap Spec micra ..advice

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
In the process of resurrecting my micra. Saw a Jap Spec half cut that im interested in but just want a few clarification before i but my money down for it.
1. I do not know what year it is as all the panels have been removed, but it does have adjustable steering column which indicate its a series 2?
2. Does series 2 have NATS? If so, i believe that NATS lock it at the ecu, so if i transplant it into my car and run it with AUS spec ecu it should all be good?
3. I notice it comes with electric mirrors, does Aus spec micra have the facilities in the loom to retrofit those?
4. Another thing is it has vent rotors at the front. Calipers have "AD18" stamps on it. It doesnt seem to be retrofit pulsar calipers as there is not washers etc. Seem pretty OEM to me, does JAP spec micra comes with vents disc standard?

Cheers

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
my 95 super s had an adjustable column mimz
i think only eudm k11,s had nats
the japspec car i last saw had a very different loom, and had similar front brakes to the k10 (2 caliper brackets/mounts cast into the hub)

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"my 95 super s had an adjustable column mimz

i think only eudm k11,s had nats

the japspec car i last saw had a very different loom, and had similar front brakes to the k10 (2 caliper brackets/mounts cast into the hub)

Hey frank2, lets assume the worst case and it did have the NATS would it be compatible with none NATS ecu and loom?

Also any different between the jap spec calipers and say the normal pulsar calipers? ie, would brake pads and disc from a normal pulsar fit the jap specs capilers?

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:

"yeah i think thats the one.. its from seaford but dont know about the Mainz part (or did u mean mimz?)...havent pick it up..anything i should know about it?

bloody auto correct mate.

only thing i know is that the engine sold on ebay. i contacted the fella last week and the buyer hadnt picked up yet.

if there is anything on it i want and you dont im happy to chip in for ya.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
plattsy: yeah i bought it seem reasonable for the price consider its only done 96000km, confirm correct as the engine is still in the half cut which he is going to throw in free of charged. MOst of the worthwhile stuff are gone anyway.
What is it that your after?

Back