It's time.

Which conversion...

• Cheap super turbo (in the short term)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Expensive 200sx (in the short, and probably long term!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Which conversion..

Import k10 super turbo engine (cost £1000 inlcuding fitting, parts when i break it (which i will!) will be expensive and difficult to obtain)

200sx conversion (cost £3700 approx. including custom suspension, pulsar brakes, chassis seam welding, 200sx engine, fitting)

I've been transfixed on the latter of the two for around 3 years but recently some (financial) seeds of doubt have been sewn in my mind over the last 6 months or so. Not being able (or willing) to do the transplant myself adds a mere £1500 on to the price alone.

Just fancied everyones thoughts on this.

Really depressed by the whole situation at the moment.

What about the bluebird turbo, that is mounted the right way to start off with isn't it?

there is alot more engines to consider regarding the whole situation mate!!

PM sent

but the veriaty of engines available is enormous

Sorry, also forgot to mention. i was told that the old 180nx (? i think) gearbox matches up exactly to the 1.8sx engine so that shound convert it to front wheel drive, hence no need to transversely mount it?

Hopefully not talking brown stuff, heven't looked majorly into the engine drop as of yet, all i know is that anythings possible......supposedly!

Not sure on wot engine code u mean, but the ca18et (bluebird turbo 1.8 8v) box will mate to the ba18det (200sx s13 old shape 1.816v) engine to make it fwd.

But its easier just to do the full ca18et conversion, or woteva wayne recommends.

hence no need to transversely mount it?

The problem u have tho is getting it into the engine bay, not running it.

Yeah, really it's the best bet i tought originally, smaller than a 2ltr, fairly easy to convert to fwd, easily (and i mean easy) tuneable. Mounting definately a problem, as are all conversions.

When i think about it though i worry about getting the car's weight balanced, traction, sill snappage!!!, i don't want to be half way round a corner and then have an engine mount or drive shaft pop or snap.

:)

rember u dont nesar;y nead to for a nissan engine alltho there are meany good 1s out there

well if u want to realy mental a scoby engine will fit in realy easily also if u cut down the scobby floor plan this will allow the 4wd system in trust me it will fit ive mesured it.

a well if u dont build it i mite just for a bit of fun after my latest micra venture

Ooooh, now that is a pleasant thought. : )

shame about messing about with the floor plans, would've been good otherwise. I think the 1.8 would be destructive enough to the bodywork. I might mention this to whoever gets the 'project contract' for this adventure.

Plus a scooby engine is likely to cost me at least double that of an S13 engine.

Also would you recommend an engine with lower mileage and just run it or buy a cheaper high mileage (easy to find) and get it re-conned (how much would a good re-con cost too?)

Sorry, spanish inquisition i know.

give me and george a grand, and give us a week. im sure we could come up with sumthing to your likings and expectations eh george. what u think :p

oh george you still aint got back to me :mad: what was the engine like ?

you still have that pinto engine, and the v6 ?

If you ask me stay clear of S13's and any associated engines, most unreliable and expensive, 90% undrivable car/engine around... i speak from the most awful expereincesgrr

wane ime goin to look 2mro adat the engine for your k10

but if u want a scoby engine and fwd just use a scoby box with fwd only thres plenpy of them about that will do the trick

nicon_23 said:
wane ime goin to look 2mro adat the engine for your k10

cheers bud.
just give us a tinkle etc with how everything goes. whatever time of day/night it is. you know we have no concept of time so it dont matter :p

Back