Issue with traction/stability control and rear lights

Having issues with the car lately.

When I turn on the car everything works completely fine. Brake, reverse, indicator lights etc all work and shine brightly. There are no warning lights on the dash.

The car has no issues driving at a lower speed, but once I speed up slightly (To like 15/20kmh when the traction/stability control kicks in) two warning lights appear on the dash as per the picture.

The weird thing is, that once these lights appear, the rear brake lights stop working entirely.

Once I turn the car off the brake lights work again, until the lights come on the dash again.
1000037151.jpg

Any idea what this could be?

Suspect & inspect for condensation or rain water ingress into rear boot local area network (LAN) wiring, connectors, & electronic data coms control slave outstation modules.

As well as associated LAN controlled equipment, all rear lights assemblies, number plate lights, rear boot hatchback lock, ABS/traction controls & rear wash /wiper.

Open up any wet areas to dry out & fix any leaks found.

Do not unplug anything with or when the ignition is on as the system may lock out.

Do not spray electronic equipment modules with WD or similar.

Happy hunting. ;)

Is there any guide/diagram so I can be sure I'm checking all the right spots. Still no luck with this, have since changed the brake switch but to no effect.

Assess, inspect & test all cables, connectors & all related non functioning apparatus assemblies everywhere if you are determined especially in the door/hatchback hinges wiring. At 138,000 Kms its probable that wires have twisted/broken & or insulation worn out inside the sleeves at the hinges locations.

Uneven tyre treads/pressures, low battery voltage, low brake fluid & or condensation in old brake fluid can upset traction/stability/ABS control systems.

Research is key.

K13 Circuit Diagram Wiring micra at DuckDuckGo

K13 Micra Faults traction/stability/ABS control and rear lights Faults Micra at DuckDuckGo

Good will hunting.

Last edited:
Back