Internet regulators

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Does anyone know if there is an internet regulator out there to which i can complain about my ISP? Basically i cancelled my service without migrating, but they wont remove the tag on the line. They're insisting this has already been done, but the tag department at BT are insisting it's there, along with other websites in agreement not letting me sign up, saying i have broadband already.

Im fed up of getting fobbed off as they cant be bothered to investigate, so is there anyone third party i can write to or ring?

All my calls are recorded which would go in my favour, as they've been totally useless.

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is an internet regulator out there to which i can complain about my ISP? Basically i cancelled my service without migrating, but they wont remove the tag on the line. They're insisting this has already been done, but the tag department at BT are insisting it's there, along with other websites in agreement not letting me sign up, saying i have broadband already.

Im fed up of getting fobbed off as they cant be bothered to investigate, so is there anyone third party i can write to or ring?

All my calls are recorded which would go in my favour, as they've been totally useless.

Thanks

Ofcom? It's not internet specific but I think they'll cover it.

(I believe they are the government's 'communications watchdog' or something like that).

OMG this is like being at work!!

Ofcom is your best bet.
Who was your ISP? If you were on an LLU there's always trouble switching back but if you were on a Max service (up to 8mb) then your ISP should be able to see the cease they would of had to place to cancel your service, ifthere isn't and they use the eCO like I do they can place a manual cease on the system.

Nildram are or were my ISP, however they wont clear the tag on my line. BT have said that Nildram have the equipment in the exchange and have no control over it, but Nildram are already saying its clear! I know its not, but they wont investigate.

Really really frustrating. Thanks for the OFCOM suggestion though, i'l check that out.

Back