Intermitent Wiper Problems

CMF_GaryD

» CMF Member
The wipers on my car dont return all the way down when i push them up for a single wipe or when they are on intermitent. They work fine when they are on constantly. Any ideas what the culprit might be? I'm assuming electrical problems (groan).

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
If you need help tracking down a series 2 wiper motor/electricals drop me a message mate (there could be a difference between them as they have slightly different stalk functions)

(i know you have a s2 because you mention you have a push up for single wipe function - this is only seen on our s2 models. so no i'm not a stalker)

CMF_GaryD

» CMF Member
Thanks I might have a poke around and have a look at the wiper motor 1st. If not I'll let u know.

Probably is a s2, its a 97 model with driver's air bag.

CMF_sparcolite

» CMF Member
Nothing to do with the motor or stalk. It's e black controller box located at the bulk head. U'll need that replaced. Following that, if anyone have the control box for spares, do drop me a note. Lookin for one since ages.

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
I had exactly the same problem, I agree with Sparcolite, nothing to do with the wiper motor or stalk, definately the control box. I also could not locate a new control box at the time, so I removed the existing one, I noticed tiny breaks in the solder lines. I resoldered over these breaks, re-establishing the connections, put the box back in place and the problem was immediately gone, intermittent wipers worked as normal agin, havn't had a problem since, that was over 3 years ago, hope this info helps!

Regards,

Henry

CMF_chris

» CMF Member
My wipers have decided to wipe my windscreen even when it isn't raining. For no reason they just go into intermittent mode. Then sometimes they stop for a while, but always work properly when I switch them on. Have resorted to pulling out the fuse when they drive me nuts, then putting it back in when it rains - great entertainment on the freeway but I'd rather a proper fix. Local Nissan parts had never heard of a similar problem. Any clues?

I'll check that black box now.

chris

CMF_chris

» CMF Member
I pulled the black box apart. Nothing obviously wrong or dirty, but it has a little solenoid in there so I gave that a blast of CRC and bit of a wipe. So far it's done about half an hour without wiping the window by itself, so fingers crossed. thanks sparcolite & Henry

chris

CMF_chris

» CMF Member
Nope. Next time I drove it, back to the same problem. I have already replaced the stalk switch. Is there anything else it can be or do I go the wrecker and geet another black box?

chris

CMF_chris

» CMF Member
It's right next to the wiper motor on the bulkhead, under the bonnet. In the end I had to replace it. Local wrecker had one, but he's packed up & gone. Mine is 95 Super S, but I guess all that series are the same. Dunno about the later ones.

good luck.

CMF_carlos

» CMF Member
hi seems to be a common problem as mine has done all of the above. will look at the box i suspected that was the root of the prob. cheers for help. carlos..

Back