Interchangeable Bumpers?

Wouldn't use paint stripper as for one it could damage the plastic and two it'll make a small job be a very big and messy job. Just sand paint for adherence degrease an spray or use a filler primer if the bumper is really bad

Hi guys thanks for the info here is a pic of my March Cabriolet (1998) front bumper which I want to replace with a 2002 1.4SE + front bumper with fogs I also want to swap the headlights for the 2002 ones would these fit??

P6031307.JPG

Cheers
Andy :)

I am 99% sure they will retro fit without mods!

2002 1.4SE+
P5101029.JPG

1998 March Cabriolet
P6031307.JPG

Comparing the fronts I am 99.9% they will retro fit! :D

Cheers

Hi,
The headlights do swap I did it today took a few hours, you have to snip off the facelift side light and indicator plugs from the loom and replace them with second facelift plugs I used bullet connectors to achieve this but the main headlight connector first facelift fits the second facelift headlight connector!

I started off with the nearside headlight and first removed the battery holder and the connected fuse boxes and I also unbolted the coolant reservoir container to get more access to the 2 headlight connecting bolts (10mm) and the push fit pin. The drivers side headlight is a bit more tricky with cables and the alternator restricting access to the lower fixing bolt, tried everything including a ratchet ring spanner but ended up using a good old fashioned open ended spanner but lost plenty of skin on my knuckles!

The effort is defiantly worth it IMHO but the purists will beg to differ! I will post more details and pics of this in my new thread "Island Girl"! :D

Please ask questions if you are thinking of doing this headlight upgrade!

Here are before and after pics:
Before!
P6071313.JPG

....and after!
P6071339.JPG

Cheers

Back