Installing Japanese 2000 model bubble rear light clusters on an Australian micra

cisco

» CMF Member
When you get a set of the Japanese rear bubble clusters and want to hook them up on your aussie k11 micra, you need to re-arrange all the wires inside the plug/harness for them to match the circuitry of the Australian micras.

I just did up a very quick and ordinary diagram for someone who emailed me. Thought I would post it on the site for reference. Excuse the bad image. I was leaning in the boot holding the carpet away from the light and didn't have time to use a tripod and get a still picture with plenty of light! But hopefully the diagram is useful enough.

CMF_Koguchi Power

» CMF Member
Hey Cisco,

I have been trying to find the plugs for my lights but I cant seem to get them anywhere... any help? when I got my rear lights I did not get the bulb holders. Do you know where I can get the looms???

thanks because Im stressing

D

CMF_chippo

» CMF Member
Do both plugs have to be re-arranged?

How are you supposed to get that white plug off its black perch?

And exactly how do you use your screwdriver to remove these pins?

I tried lifting the obvious, but it wouldn't budge. Had a look at an empty spot as a reference and it looks like something is blocking it from underneath as well.

I'm doing all this from the front of the plug btw.

This should be a straight forward operation but I'm getting frustrated. I can't even get the plug free to have a good crack at it!

Pls help anyone!?

CMF_chippo

» CMF Member
Finally sorted out the wiring! Thanks for posting this diagram cisco! I would of been lost otherwise.

That little white harness is a tricky piece of work! Took me a while to figure it out. Would be good to post just how to tackle it for anyone new to these. I would but I'm way to busy at the moment.

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Im having issues with these lights, any one had any experience with em?? Basically when the lights are on (front lights) with the bubble lights connected if i use reverse or either indicator it flicks over to hazards

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
I guess the picture that was there has gone cause this is an old post or something, just wondering if anyone knows of any sites (I tried google but nothing) I might be able to get instructions from as I know nothing about this but want to do it :)

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Here tis

Attachments

• 43841.jpg
    43841.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 28

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
Haha yes jon i did as a matter of fact :p
Fred you underestimate my use of the words 'know nothing'! I will have a try though, best way to learn.
Thanks for that pic tony!

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
Haha yes jon i did as a matter of fact :p
Fred you underestimate my use of the words 'know nothing'! I will have a try though, best way to learn.
Thanks for that pic tony!

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
Hi I've been trying to figure out how to get the pins out of the plug and I still can't... I have tried pushing on the plastic bits in it but they won't release, can anyone explain it to me? Thanks

CMF_chippo

» CMF Member
It's a prick of a job!

Just got done sending you some instructions Amy, then read you figured it out! daaaah nice one chippo. Maybe I can send it in as an Article for this site. lol.

CMF_Larrs

» CMF Member
That pin layout is also working with European Micra's.

I have other Japanese rear lights(red with a white stripe in the middle), but the pin layout from Australian Micra's and European Micra's are the same.
I am glad that they are the same, because otherwise you have to puzzle.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Larrs WROTE:

"That pin layout is also working with European Micra's.

I have other Japanese rear lights(red with a white stripe in the middle), but the pin layout from Australian Micra's and European Micra's are the same.

I am glad that they are the same, because otherwise you have to puzzle.

All of our factory-delivered Micras were built in the Sunderland plant in the UK and I'd say most of the ones from your part of the world will have been the same - hence the wiring being identical.

---dens

Back