Question: In need of lighter bits...... Fibreglass, Poly-Carb etc.

Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum, and I'm quite impressed by how it's setup, I've been on the Formula 1000 forum for about 3 years now, but I'm now altering my car into a quick 1300 car, planing on using a tuned 1275 engine, already got a few bits, polished and ported head, and 1.3 gearbox with gripper diff and crown wheel and pinion (5.1).

Thing is I'm stripping the car down at the moment, just lightened the doors and removed all unwanted bonding and brackets.

Is there anywhere I can source poly-carb windows and a Fiberglass bonnet and boot, I see Matthew Humphris does them, but is there any one else

Thanks Harry

Hi Harry and welcome to the Forum :)

Your 1.3 build is very similar to mine i think you'd be pleased with the power it would give!

I sourced poly-carb windows direct from plastics4performance http://www.lexan-windows.com/all-products?brand=152&model=399 as it was cheaper going direct than through Demontweeks.

GRP parts i think Matt is the only person that does them but dont quote me on that, i got a facelift bonnet off him a few weeks back & was pritty shocked at how light it was!

The price you pay for lightwight bits makes it hard to justify IMO. You could consider an oddessy battery relocated to the boot to reduce weight, improve distribution too.

Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum, and I'm quite impressed by how it's setup, I've been on the Formula 1000 forum for about 3 years now, but I'm now altering my car into a quick 1300 car, planing on using a tuned 1275 engine, already got a few bits, polished and ported head, and 1.3 gearbox with gripper diff and crown wheel and pinion (5.1).

Thing is I'm stripping the car down at the moment, just lightened the doors and removed all unwanted bonding and brackets.

Is there anywhere I can source poly-carb windows and a Fiberglass bonnet and boot, I see Matthew Humphris does them, but is there any one else

Thanks Harry
Hi mate you should cut out all the weight on the doors , the backpanels , and the boot. Have you all the sound deadening taken out? Theres alot of weight in that surprisingly :) have a look at some of the autograss cars , they really take lightening to a different level .. :)

For Info Guys

Got myself some poly-carb window set ordered :)

Full 5 piece Poly-Carb window set including two door windows with sliders fitted, two rear quarters and a formed rear screen with added black edging

£180 + £16 delivery
Thanks to http://templarperformance.co.uk/ in Herefordshire

Harry

Sounds like you have a bargin there Harry :)

You wouldnt know how much just the rear screen would be?

Hey Skinner, I'm unsure on just a rear screen by itself, but give Mike a call he's a great chap, and would be happy to talk over any requirements I'm sure.
Harry

Back