im worried!!!

leroyboi22

Ex. Club Member
ive bin readin all the problems that seem to go wrong with a k12 and imthing of buyin a lada instead!!how many people have suffered with timin chain probs and do they cost a grand to put right,is it true that if a bulb goes in the dash then you have to replace the whole console at 700 quid,what about other electricals,any problems there?hope someone can put my mind at ease cause i brought this car on the strength of my k11 :doh: :down: :eek:

rattly passenger window is my only gripe. common to almost all K12's i've sat in.
also, water pool's on the front suspension struts (under the botton).
other than that, these cars are good.

the k11 was a very reliable and solid car which IMO only improved upon the k10 long history for reliablity...

the k12 is french and i say this as most french cars are the same, shoody wiring (one thing the frech will never get right!), sub standard parts and fault after fault after fault. my ex gf's dad worked at Renault for 15 years and always said to me to steer well clear of them and anything french and he drove a mitsui carisma! nuff said lol

as far as im concerned that THING! doesn't deserve the name Micra

Lol don’t be so harsh on our cars, I agree k12 are not as reliable as the bullet proof k11 but in general they are pretty good cars and from 1 to 10 in terms of reliability I would give it a 7 which is decent in comparison to other European cars.

30k now and the only problem is my rattling chair but the dash was surprisingly well screwed together, one of the belts need changing but that is expected given the mileage I have done.

So get one if you like it but don’t expect it to be like a good old Nissan or anywhere near a Honda or Lexus etc.

"dash was surprisingly well screwed together"

cos i made it :p well not me but worked in the factory that does the micra dashes lol

All cars go wrong, you might be better off just keeping it. They're not all that bad! I drove one in Spain and quite liked it :)

im not quite sure what to do cause i really like the car but,these bills seem increadably expensive if it should lose a bulb in the dash or if timing chain decides to strech,also i was reading £500 for a service surly not??

I've had four stereos (although it was my fault one broke, won't say how lol), the alarm controller replaced and I get the rattley windows occasionally. It's not as brill as my K11 I had but still a good car.

rattley windows dont bother me creaking body parts i can live with even if it went pop id be alright if it could be fixed for a few hundred,but payin out a grand on a car thats only worth 3k is insane surley theres a way round it

Its intersting as the K12's are beginning to show their age now, until fairly recently they were unknown. I have to say however I know next to nothing about them,

They aren't as bad as people on here like to make them sound. I have had 2 and never had any bother with either of them, appart from the common window and seat creaks now and again.

problem is most k11's have had all these little problems fixed by the previous owners etc

k12's are like this, either you have a gooden or you have a bad one like most new cars these days

THINK IM JUST GONNA SIT OUT AND IF OAT GOES WRONG THEN ILL SWAP IT!!!JUST TRIED TO PUT MY STICKERS ON ITS STARTED POURIN DOWN,JUST SAVED EM :p :eek:

Never had a problem with the 2 i've owned and the 100's i've had on my drive.

Looking forward to the next Sport SR turning up next month.

I had a few hours between jobs on the dyno today at work so I offered to change a failed door locking mechanism that had been playing around in one of our loan K12s (2002 model)... Once I had the old lock out of the car I was horrified to see both Renault and Nissan written on it. Thats all I needed to see, the K11 is the last true Nissan Micra. I've had my fill of french cars in a previous job, and being as kind to them as I possibly can I will make this statement - All french cars are rubbish.

Sorry K12 folks, it might have a fairly good engine in the form of the CR, but underneath... its got garlic in its veins :(

i understand k12 are a joint venture by nissan and renault, some said if we can see renault under our wing mirrors then most parts are from renault. mine saids Nissan... strange :kungfu:

Back