idle speed

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
bout 1.2k rpm cold and 700rpm once warm
recommend you check the electronic idle control valve is clean and operatin freely then adjust the idle screw behind the TB when the engines warm if needed.

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
asdame WROTE:

"bout 1.2k rpm cold and 700rpm once warm

recommend you check the electronic idle control valve is clean and operatin freely then adjust the idle screw behind the TB when the engines warm if needed.

ok k k k, but i have a 1.3 1998....one more thing where is the idle electronic idle valve located

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
same year as mine :)

the idle control valve is the big device at the front of the throttle body.
here's a pic of mine as i cleaned it

Attachments

• 43534.jpg
    43534.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 39

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
asdame WROTE:

"same year as mine :)

the idle control valve is the big device at the front of the throttle body.

here's a pic of mine as i cleaned it

thanks mate for the pic, one more thing can you help me find oxygen censor cause i live in the carribben and dont know where i can find one

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
i'm from uk and i got mine from local motor factor that supplies common parts like brakes, exhaust, filters etc
if there's none there maybe try ebay or dealers

CMF_gu_niang1200

» CMF Member
hi asdame... thanks for pic.. but is there anything to take note before removal.. example maybe its position? because i remove it once.. and the whole tb got hare wire.. i had to change a new one thou...

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
take photo of the wiring before taking the TB apart helps. The whole idle valve device can only fit back one way.

if ur gona further remove the large grey IAV motor controller bit from the valve assembly, i'd mark where the screws position is before unscrewing cos the exact rotational position of the motor on the valve is crucial.

when reassembling back, slip the o-ring seal on the tip of the IAV, maybe smear a film of oil on the seal to help assembly, then carefully lower the device back onto the TB making sure the o-ring didn't unseat and get trapped awquidly.

reassemble double checking all clips n wirings are fitted securely.

whenever the IAV has been cleaned, readjust the idle speed to spec when engines warm cos with the IAV now working smoothly it usually idles a lil higher than before if it was never serviced.

CMF_andy

» CMF Member
hi all,
i have tried cleaning the icv,resoldering.but now my rpm is stuck at 1500rpm.i tried adjusting the hex adjuster but my idle speed does not go down.any bros/sis can advise what is inside the hex screw cause i took out my,there is nothing in there.

CMF_andy

» CMF Member
hi,all
did some troubleshooting today n finally found the cause.
its actually caused by a broken o'ring @ the ICV.the air leak is causing the high idle.

CMF_economy_guy

» CMF Member
Another thing that is probably worth doing is greasing the bearings if you open up the motor for the idle control valve. Maybe that was the intention of asdame's post (#7 in thread), although not mentioned explicitly.

Back