Ideas for my micra

Hi guys and girls.
I need a little help here with some mods on my k11. It's a 3 door in yellow and has some flaking lacquer on the bonnet and roof.
I'm thinking low, stock wheels with either graphiti vinyl over the roof and bonnet or taking the paint back to metal in places for that patina'd look!
I'd love your opinions and some guidance.
I'm trade but have never worked on a micra, but after driving the little yellow rocket I had to have it!

If your paints knackered, I'd spray the roof, bonnet and back hatch black. Then black alloys, then lower her to what you like.

Thanks guys, the rat look is very much my thing, rusty arches maybe not as the car is unwelded and very straight... Definitely thinking of removing some paint and salting it for a month or 2 before cleaning and clear coating the car again.
What's the best way to lower it safely? Iv heard alto springs but don't know what year or what drop to expect

There is a kit on ebay that lowers it 40mm, all springs and shocks for like £170 whether cutting coils to lower it anymore with that kit is okay I do not know

Are there any other adjustments to make or do people generally just fit shorter springs? And by that I guess I mean is the geometry affected (like the panhard rod).

I was planning on chopping the springs because I'm cheap as fook, but I would probably slice a bit out of the panhard rod to correct where it sits.

Happy to cut and weld anyone else's that needs it by the way, turn up or cover postage and throw in some Doombar and I'm pretty much up for most things.

:)

Chris.

Back