I want one of these...

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Pulsar VZ-R...I want! :devil: but with the 2L VVL engine and not the 1.6 non-turbo version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ROK72zPZE&feature=related

The most powerful VVL engine so far, is the SR20VET. The SR20VET is a turbocharged '20V' SR20VE. It uses a Garrett GT2560R turbo charger, and makes 280ps (276hp). Nissan's technical information about this engine states that it is 9:1 compression ratio, but it really adds up to 8.8:1. Compaired to the SR20DET (used in the Nissan Silvia, and Bluebird), the SR20VET (aside from having VVL technology) has improved airflow in the cylinder head, higher compression, and also improved coolant passages.

Ok, just to set the record straight.........

VZ-R is 2WD only. There were JDM 4wd N15 pulsars (named the SR-V, confusingly there are SR-V VZ-Rs but these are 2wd) made but these were GA engined only. VZ-R only comes with the 1.6 NEO VVL SR16VE engine (175ps). There was a higher power version of this same engine used in the VZ-R N1, which produced 200ps from an SR16VE N1 engine. However, N1s are often down on power and need retuning to factory spec.

No N15s were ever turbocharged from the factory.

The SR20VE is another engine used by nissan and this can be swapped fairly easily into almera GTis and pulsar VZ-Rs. It has the advantages of having bigger displacement and more torque than its 1.6 litre counterpart.

The SR20VET is found in the X-Trail GT and IIRC comes with an auto gearbox and 4wd.

Not having a go at anyone, just there is a lot of misleading info about these cars about.
VZ-Rs are common in Ireland due to ease of import, I know of 2 on mainland Great Britain, a 3-door and a 5-door.

Back