I need more grunt from my K10 Micra rally car?

to be honest a k10 in the B2 class is a bit aver its depth being carburated and single cam, but as i understand it from reading the document it says exhaust manifolds and systems are free, so i suggest a 4 branch manifold and a straight through system, it also says unlimited head skimming is allowed so skim the head to up compression a little.

i would loose as much weight as possible to. other than that i cant see much else you can do.

It is really just the engine side of things I am interested in

Thanks for the advice,
It is really just the engine side of things I am interested in, the rest of the car is pretty much finished.

Question 1: Tech Reg Number 3.1 states that a non standard carb can be fitted but you must retain the original inlet manifold and use an adapter plate.

What carb setup would you guys suggest as I'm not clued up on carbs?

Quote from Regs:
3.1 A single twin-choke carburettor may be fitted to a lightly modified inlet manifold sourced from the original standard car or related model of the same make; this manifold must be retained. This manifold must remain in its entirety 100%. Adapter plates/blocks may be fitted to the original inlet manifold to facilitate carburettor fitting. All carburetors that have simultaneous opening twin chokes (i.e. D.C.O.E; D.H.L.A; I.DF, 36D.C.N.F.) or similar are not allowed within the f1000 championships.

Question 2: Tech Reg Number 3.3 states that unlimited skimming of the head is allowed.

Does anyone know how much you can skim a K10 head without hitting valves?

Question 3:

I've got three heads all from 1 litre k10's and all with different head codes, does anyone know what the difference is and which head is the best?

Back