Howdy.

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
Hi everyone, I've just bought the white Super S off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250479027895&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:AU:1123

Got it for $3650 driveaway with the April 2010 rego on it.

Car drove ok but had a bit of body roll, nothing some shocks and swaybars won't fix down the track, may look at fitting power steering too at some point.

Anyway, i'm off to have a look around the forum, it's nice to stumble onto a place like this to get info on our car. :)

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
Well after a few weeks with the Micra all is good, fuel consumption for the first tank was 6.6L over a mix of city and highway, i've fitted a new airfilter and thermostat (was runnign cold) so that may improve.

Also fitted some wheels, 14 x 5.5 ROH running 185/60 tyres, they weight 3kg a wheel/tyre more than the stock setup did and are sligthly bigger in overall diamater, hopefully that won't affect the straight line performance too much.

Only real gripes so far is that windscreen wipers that on intermittent setting sometimes go on constantly, and when you stop them they don't return to the bottom of the stroke but just stop at random points on the windscreen.

Will take some pics when the sun is out.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Dala WROTE:

"Only real gripes so far is that windscreen wipers that on intermittent setting sometimes go on constantly, and when you stop them they don't return to the bottom of the stroke but just stop at random points on the windscreen.

Hmm that is a bit annoying. Because the LX/SLXes never got the module for intermittent wipers (as far as I know) finding a replacement might be a little difficult. However it would be worth taking a picture or two, going down to a wreckers and having a look at some N14 pulsars and other Nissans around that era to see if any have bits that can be swapped to fix the issue.

---dens

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
Dala WROTE:

"Well after a few weeks with the Micra all is good, fuel consumption for the first tank was 6.6L over a mix of city and highway, i've fitted a new airfilter and thermostat (was runnign cold) so that may improve.

Also fitted some wheels, 14 x 5.5 ROH running 185/60 tyres, they weight 3kg a wheel/tyre more than the stock setup did and are sligthly bigger in overall diamater, hopefully that won't affect the straight line performance too much.

Only real gripes so far is that windscreen wipers that on intermittent setting sometimes go on constantly, and when you stop them they don't return to the bottom of the stroke but just stop at random points on the windscreen.

i drove test this car, and i noticed something not right w/ the wipers,,, but didnt took much noticed coz i thought i wasnt correctly using it, considering i am used to toyota cars in which the control for wipers is on the left side....
Will take some pics when the sun is out.

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"Dala WROTE:<BR><BR>"Only real gripes so far is that windscreen wipers that on intermittent setting sometimes go on constantly, and when you stop them they don't return to the bottom of the stroke but just stop at random points on the windscreen.<BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>Hmm that is a bit annoying. Because the LX/SLXes never got the module for intermittent wipers (as far as I know) finding a replacement might be a little difficult. However it would be worth taking a picture or two, going down to a wreckers and having a look at some N14 pulsars and other Nissans around that era to see if any have bits that can be swapped to fix the issue.<BR><BR>---dens<BR><BR>

What would i be looking at replacing you think? is there a module somewhere that controls the wiper motors? or is all the electronic to work the systems in the comboswitch and attached to the wiper motors themselves?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Ok well damnit, proved wrong there :p I honestly didn't think the SLX's or even the S2 LX's had them. S1 LX's really are super cheap spec.. or super lightweight spec! :D Less to go wrong, haha!

I'll try and take some pictures of each setup in the next few days to show the difference, and get some part numbers off them if I can.

---dens

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
I spotted the module next to the motor up front, I suppose i could get a price from nissan, cringe at how ridiculous it is, then go around to wreckers looking for another.

What are some good nissan wreckers in melbournes east? I usually use jolly rogers or pick a part but neither of them have any micras.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
A series Two will have the small tweeter speakers in the "A" pillar trim. Different front grill (but you'd need to see them side by side to really spot the difference).
Some (not sure if all) series 2 have darker plastic in centre console.

The controls on the steering column is a little different as well.

On series 2 the rear seats don't fold the same was as the series 1, you cannot fold over the seat base on a series 2.

Mychael

Back