High performance wheel nuts!

cisco

» CMF Member
Has anyone got anything like these..?

My current wheel nuts weigh a ton, plus are pretty ugly bright chrome etc.

I'm going to get a set of these black duraluminium ones..

They have a cool sneaky key system so some of the nuts have 7 sides and can't be undone with a normal wheel spanner. And they come with a key for that..

I reckon they must weigh almost nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if No.002 has a set of these!

cisco

» CMF Member
The best thing is that this is reducing your unsprung weight, so it might make a fraction more difference than people might think.. Its losing weight in the best place that you can.

cisco

» CMF Member
About $180 if you buy them up front off EBAY. I'm not sure where else might have them any cheaper. Actually I was searching and some web sites in Australia were selling them for about $209, so I think $180 is probably cheap.

Man imagine the markup on them. Probably worth about $10 in aluminium in total. Performance stuff sucks!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Might want to invest in a cheaper torque wrench to stick in the toolkit cisco. I am of the understanding that these aluminium wheel nuts have to be torqued up to a particular spec to prevent them coming loose/warping/cracking. It might have changed with these particular nuts but I do recall reading about it with other lightweight wheel nuts.

I think Ashley (tic tac) was chatting about it at the last meet he attended as well.

Goodluck with them. You need to get rid of as much unsprung weight as possible with those dirty great AD22VF's you're sporting.

cisco

» CMF Member
Awesome mighty!!!

Do you know how much J-Racing's are, and also if they come in BLACK?

Yes agree Yom, those brakes are very heavy. The Japanese guys at B-Crews think its a real bad thing to have those brakes on the micra, they all run similar ones to our 1.6 pulsar brakes. I really agree with their logic too. But none of their cars make my kind of power either (except Kappatsu), so I kind of like the security of having the unparalleled stopping grunt on tap, even though it must be downgrading the responsiveness of my front end.

cisco

» CMF Member
They look nice, still adds up though doesn't it.

Hey are you back in oz now aaron?

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
Last monday I ordered a set of TRUST/Greddy wheel nuts, they're light weight and a nice grey/bronze (titanium) sought of colour. They should arrive this week. I have wanted to get them since I put the rays wheels on late last year. I have put it off for so long because they are so damn expensive, a little over $200.00 including post, but I decided what the hell and bit the bullet. Was hoping to get them this week and have them on for the perth meet.

Attachments

• 19373.jpg
    19373.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 35

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
Yeah Tony, will have to sometime, will also get some progress pics of the GTI-R engine conversion in another micra I am building. Only recently/finally got a digital camera will post some pics soon.

CMF_lewis

» CMF Member
i'm useing light weight wheel nuts but....
some days after, when i change my tires few times....
i got 2 broken screws because thease nuts were made by alum. 3037....
when looseing nuts by air wrench , thread on nut might be broken !!
so~~i suggest ~~
if u want to use thease nuts, "NEVER" use air weench !!

Back