help on dtm cup mirrors

V

vikster

i have got my dtm cup mirrors and sprayed them but i cant fit them to my car i was wondering if anyone else has got them and how did you fit them.... please help.!!!!!....

u need base plates, have you got any? More than likely you will have to make em fit to your existing base plates, dunno how you go about doing it though

K11 Dave did a good job on his DTM mirrors, he's ya man!
Mirrors.jpg

Bought mine off a guy with a fiesta - would have been a lot easier to get the universal baseplates i think instaed of the fiesta ones!
Is still lot of work though.
I used some mastic to hold the baseplates on to the door first. Drilled some holes through the metal of the door, got someone to hold the mirrors in place, then put some long self - tapping screws through from inside which now go through the baseplate and into the mirror.
Then because it didn't look to clever - bits of plastic all over the shop, used bit of fibreglass then some filler to blend it it.
Then shedloads of sandpaper and time!!
Miror001.jpg

Miror003.jpg

Good luck - hope it works OK!:p

you should make a guide for this dave, it would help lots of people!!

Attachments

• innitmicra.jpg
    innitmicra.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 251
Wish i'd taken more pics while doing it. Will try doing some sketches instead. Will try and get one up ASAP

- and the guide :laugh:

Big_ben said:

lol funny c##t, but seriously the colour is called flame red, has a very annoying tendency to look orange in the sunlight after a wax or under bright yellow'y light

language dave, only having a laff, i know what u mean though, there was a car on old forums who was same colour as G's n i thought it was orange, was the 5 door with 17" dare x1s on

Back