Help! Need a gearbox

Hi everyone

Just signed up, looking for some help for my poor Noodle, she has recently developed gearbox gremlins.

Having to double clutch for 1st and randomly jumping out of 3rd. Very whiny at any speed. Hubby recently changed gear oil, which contained lots of gold sparkly bits. Very pretty but think that spells disaster.

Would like to keep and give her the TLC that she obviously didn't receive in her youth, engine only done 43K therefore worth keeping as body is now sound after welding done to get her through last MOT.

Can anyone got a reliable secondhand gearbox for sale, recommend a trustworthy supplier or know of anyone that does rebuilds?

Many thanks
DoD

Dear All

Unfortunately, Noodle's gearbox died on the way home from Ongar with my husband last night. Now looking for a new car, so will be selling her for repair or spares if anyone has the time and courage to take her on. The bodywork is sound, the engine has only done approx 44K, I'm the 3rd owner, the tyres have only done a couple of thousand miles. Would love her to go to someone who would provide her with the TLC she so richly deserves, I just don't have the room to keep her. If you are interested, please get in touch.

Sadly
DoD

Back