Hello All

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ross (Y)
it looks like a minter to me, just make sure it drives as good as it looks eh :)

Thanks for the replies. It does look very clean, I must admit I'm very wary of a clean engine bay, I always think they're trying to hide a major oil leak or something. I'll give it a good once over. Are there any common issues with the 1.0 litre engine and auto gearbox I should be aware of. Obviously, I'll check for head gasket issues etc.

Thanks again,

Ross

I spoke to the chap I'm buying it from today, he sounds like a nice enough guy. I read on honest john that the only major points to check are the front chassis crossmember, the sills, a rattling cam-chain and clunks when going into gear or difficulty moving the CVT auto gearbox selector.

Do you think that about covers it?

yes, that about covers it ross, the chains tend to start slapping at about 100k, but cvt problems can be very terminal tho :eek:

yes, that about covers it ross, the chains tend to start slapping at about 100k, but cvt problems can be very terminal tho :eek:

Thanks Frank. Its only done 53k so hopefully it won't be too problematic. I've read up about the carbon clutch brushes etc and I'll change the transmission fluid along with the oil, I do this on my Hilux Surf Auto to keep nice clean fluid in the box.

Picked her up today. Drives really well. Only a couple of minor problems that the seller "forgot" about:

The heater fan only works on the top speed. I've put a parts request in for a resistor on parts gateway.

The stereo doesn't power up. I've yet to diagnose this, could just be a fuse but I've got a spare stereo standing by anyway.

Thanks for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back