Headunits.

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
Hey,

i've been looking for a headunit and thought i'd ask you guys for some advice as i'm not particularly familiar with car audio, i no rockford fosgate are good cos my sub and amp are fosgate and there awsome, but its time move them into my own car and i need a headunit, now i have two amps, a mono for the sub and a dedicated amp to the front components so i dont really wont to pay for a headunit with big pre amp as i dont need it, i just want one that has very good disk playback. i like the new pioneer units but like i said it would seem like im paying for the hefty preamp. personaly i think its about time REAL audio companies like dynaudio, rotel and naime start doing car audio. so is there anything you guys can suggest?

cheers

Hey,

i've been looking for a headunit and thought i'd ask you guys for some advice as i'm not particularly familiar with car audio, i no rockford fosgate are good cos my sub and amp are fosgate and there awsome, but its time move them into my own car and i need a headunit, now i have two amps, a mono for the sub and a dedicated amp to the front components so i dont really wont to pay for a headunit with big pre amp as i dont need it, i just want one that has very good disk playback. i like the new pioneer units but like i said it would seem like im paying for the hefty preamp. personaly i think its about time REAL audio companies like dynaudio, rotel and naime start doing car audio. so is there anything you guys can suggest?

cheers

Most headunits have internal amps, but you can just ignore them and use the pre-outs to your amps. Ideally go for a headunit that has 3 pre-outs.

Pioneer, Alpine, JVC, Blaupunkt, etc are all very good, ignore Sony if you can.

Whats your budgets

i no i cant really avoid a headunit with an amp they all have em, i'm just looking for somthing subtle with good playback so anything with real good sound quality and obviously 2-3 pre outs, budgets about £80 :( wish i had more but its that time of year not got alot of spare cash

Back