Headlamp help

Hello all
I noticed today that the nearside headlight on my K11 CVT is working ok on dip beam but not on main beam or if the lights are flashed (the off side headlight appear to be working ok).:confused:
Is this likely to just be the headlight bulb?
If it is the bulb how difficult are they to change (any tips?)
Cheers for any help/advice. :)

Easy, easy job to change a headlight bulb buddy, take the rubber off, release the pin holding the bulb, pull connector off - remove and refit a new one. While you have the connector off, check to see you don't have the infamous melting connector causing your problem.

Hello, cheers for the replies :). Nothing happens on flash or high, It's just ok on dip then if I select main or flash nothing happens.
I'll have a look & try to figure out the correct type of headlamp bulb & give it a go. Hopefully that's all it is, I don't like the sound of things melting :eek:

Hello, cheers for the replies :). Nothing happens on flash or high, It's just ok on dip then if I select main or flash nothing happens.
I'll have a look & try to figure out the correct type of headlamp bulb & give it a go. Hopefully that's all it is, I don't like the sound of things melting :eek:
Ha, ha, nothing to worry about buddy melting connectors a common fault, just replace them with ceramic ones from Ebay.
Your problem sounds very much like just a bulb failure - 5 minute job ;)

Ha, ha, nothing to worry about buddy melting connectors a common fault, just replace them with ceramic ones from Ebay.
Your problem sounds very much like just a bulb failure - 5 minute job ;)

Superb cheers for that :). I got a manual so that should also help. It says in it to disconnect the battery beforehand. Is that really necessary?
Sorry for the dumb questions;)

No need to disconnect the battery, especially if you have a coded radio. As long as your ignition and lights are off it is safe

Back