Harsh Missfire

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Hi all, recently been having the micra feeling like its about to stall.. seems to really drop out then go back to a normal rev range when stationary. Really unsure what it could be, but been considering a new dizzy cap and rotor arm just to see the outcome... i had knew super 4 plugs in about october time so im unsure it could be that. I have not changed the oil since ive had it and it hasnt really had a proper service, really rough idle

Ive managed to scrap together to crappy videos to see if anything sounds out of the ordinary lol (note i was scanning the camera around the bay trying to find the noise so i apologise if all the movement gives you all a headache)

Also possibly because of this (or maybe not..) i have got a sort of grumbling noise coming from inside the car when stationary, so no idea what that could be either. If you havnt noticed im hardly much of the Mech' but im learning slowly.

Thanks

Personally would change the cap and rotor arm first off to see if it gets better, on the rare occasion it could be down to damage or water ingress into the leads themselves. Other than that it could be the start of the throttle body failing.

not massively up on micra engines but a dodgy vac pipe or air breather pipe air leak would cause these symptoms on a polo :p

Back