GT4 online

Ian

Ex. Club Member
Well last time no one cared, but since the GT4 fever is around ill try again.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

downlaod that. Plug your PS2 into your router/hub/switch/whatever but DONT let something DHCP assign to it. The program does that for you. Then we can all play online by tricking the PS2 to think its on a LAN. Only thing is it might be laggy because of b/w issues, but it might not. Its worth a go :)

should work with any game with a LAN mode really. Theres a list of supported games on the website. it also works with Xbox, PS2 and game cube.

ps2 modem? not a clue, sounds doubtful, you need to plug it into a network with a PC on it running the xlink software.

Is you have an original PS2 with a network adapter card you can plug it into the network, and i think the new slimeline versions already have a network adapter built into them.

cool beans, will have to investigate that when I get back to uni, living with computer scientists is helpful :D

ok some people have asked me about this so ill do a quick guide on how to get online.

1. Make sure you can plug your PS2 into a hub/router/switch etc. If you plug your PS2 into a router, make sure the router doesnt assign and IP to it. Block its mac address or something.

2. Download the kai xlink program and create an account.

3. Go into GT4, and under LAN options in the options menu, set your "host" to yes, then set traffic to light and players to 2. Then set host to no again.

4. Now you should be all set, just go to multilan game and create a new connection. Set connection to use DHCP and auto DNS then save the settings.

5. Click OK and get the PS2 to search for games, then go into Kai and press the magnifiying glass. Check if "networking reachable says "yes" then click the folder just under the glass and to the right. If everything is working it will say "sucsessfully configred"

that should be it for you to have a game :D

Back