Grateful New Member! RE: air flow sensor trouble

CMF_Dave24

» CMF Member
Re:- Throttle body re-soldering guide

Shortly after I bought my Micra I noticed what I now know to be the tell tale signs of a faulty air mass flow sensor, poor idle and occasionally weak acceleration etc. Having diagnosed the problem and had my suspicions confirmed by a mechanic during a service, I made some inquiries about having the problem sorted. I was shocked to receive quotes between £250 - £450 (not far off the cost of the car!), and after finding that I could not get a replacement part for less than £100 I resigned my self to live with the problem since it was not too serious.

Several thousand miles later and driving on the motorway last weekend, I experienced what I took to be a serious misfire that only appeared over certain revs in each gear and caused some pretty severe stuttering. I was left to nurse the car home at 50mph fearing the worst.

After chating with a friend I decided that it must be the air flow sensor finally giving up the ghost, and resigned myself to a mornings work and a hefty bill.

Enter www.micra.com.au : Whilst hunting down the replacement part I came across this site and specifically the re-soldering guide.

Given that I had nothing to loose I decided to give it a go and sure enough it's done the trick!
I only wish I done this a long time ago.
Anyway many thanks to whoever found out the solution you've saved me quite a bit of cash :)

It makes you wonder why Nissan didn't just circulate this information to their dealerships from the beginning.....but then at £400 for an Nissan replacement part I suppose they were happy to keep quiet........

Back