Gerbox Grinding noise

CMF_jesh

» CMF Member
Hi to all,
I have a grinding noise from gearbox on my Nissan march k11 year 1994, engine CG10 since 1 week. When I press the clutch pedal, it stop and when I release the clutch pedal it start making grinding noise.
Today, I replaced the clutch release bearing and all bearings inside the gearbox. Unfortunately, the problem still persisting. I also checked all gears teeth for any damaged, all are good. No trace of wear on the casing.
Anybody encounter this type of problem.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
the reason for most damaged gearboxes is leaking driveshaft seals half emptying box which I think affects the final drive diff first, is it noisy all gears, you have already gone further than most people dismantling and replacing your own bearings, you should do pictures

in Australia its cheaper and easier to get a new box

CMF_jesh

» CMF Member
Thanks Frank2 and Rudy,
I don`t think its thrust bearing as the engine run perfectly. Its only when I press the clutch pedal, the grinding noise stop. Therefor, the problem is the gearbox.
I renew all bearings except the 2 side differential bearings. Does the 2 bearings could cause this noise??????????

CMF_jesh

» CMF Member
No. When you are driving at full speed or slow, no grinding noise. Only on neutral you can hear it.
The car run perfectly.
You know Frank, its same noise like worn layshaft bearing.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
jesh WROTE:

"No. When you are driving at full speed or slow, no grinding noise. Only on neutral you can hear it.

The car run perfectly.

You know Frank, its same noise like worn layshaft bearing.

the diff bearings are,nt turning in neutral eh jesh, bit of a mystery !

CMF_jesh

» CMF Member
Its true on neutral the diff do not turn. What made the grinding noise on neutral??? Big mystery!
I think I dismantle once again the gearbox and verify each parts thoroughly.
What you think?

Back