General Off Topic Thread

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can all just come in and talk about anything micra related or not rather than making threads for everything.

Anyway hope everyone had an amazing Chrissy, I got pretty spoilt and ate more than my fare share.

Did anyone from Melbournes cars get hail damaged? The storms were crazy!!

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
Should be starting new work in a very lucrative field but I will have to drive down to the Gold Coast everyday for it, even though I live on the south side of Brisbane, it'll still take quite a while...

Otherwise I will be going to Hong Kong again this year.

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
Arrived back in sydney last night, after 6 months in uk, its good to be back, although originally from scotland, i think i'll be making sydney my new home, awesome awesome place :)

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
sr20micramike WROTE:

"nah mate, not yet. My missus stays in sydney so best not move to melbourne ay lol

Brisbane is where its at! Bloody Mexicans that can swim those victorians haha

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

"sr20micramike WROTE:

"nah mate, not yet. My missus stays in sydney so best not move to melbourne ay lol"</div>

Brisbane is where its at! Bloody Mexicans that can swim those victorians haha

haha mexicans what!

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
PLZ818 WROTE:

"what part you from im in sunnybank/ sunnybank hills :p

I am in springwood/Rochedale

RBLUV WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

"sr20micramike WROTE:

"nah mate, not yet. My missus stays in sydney so best not move to melbourne ay lol"</div>

Brisbane is where its at! Bloody Mexicans that can swim those victorians haha"</div>

haha mexicans what!

havent you heard RB, that victorians are actually tasmanians that can swim? And up here we call them Mexicans haha, I dont know the whole story behind it all but yeah haha

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"anyone been to europe? planning an end of year trip but not sure which countries i want to go to

i drove around europe before returning to sydney, i drove through uk,france,belgium,switzerland and italy, then the same on the way back to uk but went to bruges and amsterdam, by far my favourite city is amsterdam, not because of the obvious, but is full of architecture and sights to see, depends what your going for though.

i would reccomend uk, spend the majority of your time in scotland, the citys are nicer,Edinburgh,Glasgow,Dundee,Perth, and the people are more welcoming, London is probably a must see for an aussie in europe, but i wouldnt give it more than 2 days, paris..apart from the generic tourist attractions is predominantly a ****HOLE,DONT GO TO PARIS NORD! Amsterdam, awesome, lovely scenery,lovely people, Milan..Meh,awesome if you like soccer and shopping! Rome, awesome,2nd favourite city in the world, so much to see and do. If you can get down to pompei near naples then do it, quite an experience. The only regret i have is not visiting Germany, ive been told its a crazy place. Zurich is wierd, and extremly expensive, a pizza will cost you 40 aud!! and if you drive, you will have to pay a years road tax upfront on entry to the country, also most european freeways incur a toll charge, so be aware if driving to carry a bit of cash with you!

Everybody is different and this is just my opinion, id seriously reccommend driving europe in a hire car if you have the cash, you get to see alot more, any questions just ask

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Ahhh put my VSKFs back on this morning and they looked just as awesome as i remembered....

Ten hours later i got defected. $10/hr on the car haha
So going to switch back to superS alloys then save for some mk2 golf gti flares i think

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
I went last year.. France has awesome old buildings, apart from that its a hole.went thru italy and greece, not bad.. Mykonos & santorini is where you want to go.and allow a few nights stop over in dubai.. Amazing place

CMF_GRUMPY

» CMF Member
sr20micramike WROTE:

"RBLUV WROTE:<BR><BR>"anyone been to europe? planning an end of year trip but not sure which countries i want to go to"</DIV><BR><BR>i drove around europe before returning to sydney, i drove through uk,france,belgium,switzerland and italy, then the same on the way back to uk but went to bruges and amsterdam, by far my favourite city is amsterdam, not because of the obvious, but is full of architecture and sights to see, depends what your going for though.<BR><BR>i would reccomend uk, spend the majority of your time in scotland, the citys are nicer,Edinburgh,Glasgow,Dundee,Perth, and the people are more welcoming, London is probably a must see for an aussie in europe, but i wouldnt give it more than 2 days, paris..apart from the generic tourist attractions is predominantly a ****HOLE,DONT GO TO PARIS NORD! Amsterdam, awesome, lovely scenery,lovely people, Milan..Meh,awesome if you like soccer and shopping! Rome, awesome,2nd favourite city in the world, so much to see and do. If you can get down to pompei near naples then do it, quite an experience. The only regret i have is not visiting Germany, ive been told its a crazy place. Zurich is wierd, and extremly expensive, a pizza will cost you 40 aud!! and if you drive, you will have to pay a years road tax upfront on entry to the country, also most european freeways incur a toll charge, so be aware if driving to carry a bit of cash with you!<BR><BR>Everybody is different and this is just my opinion, id seriously reccommend driving europe in a hire car if you have the cash, you get to see alot more, any questions just ask

sr20mic
I'm wth the bride at the min. in Venice.
we've done it a little different ,For the first time we're using the train system through europe.. Can't praise the railway setup enough .. they set a time to leave a station say ( 10.48pm ) they give an arrival time 350k later and their wthin 2min .. unreal..
I admit we dont have the option of stopping when we want,say to see a castle or whatever, but full leather seats ,beer/food ,smooth as ride , plenty of room to move around and 160-300 ks per hour.The photos taken are great . Not only that BUT on the two story cars they have a FULL KIDS PLAY AREA WTH A SLIPPERY DIP AND STUFF .. ( got stuck on the slide...lol )

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
haha classic lady knocks on my window while im sitting in my car and tells me how her son bought a micra as a daily too and that im not alone hahahaha, he also drives a 32 but still has his >_>

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
GRUMPY WROTE:

"sr20micramike WROTE:

"RBLUV WROTE:

"anyone been to europe? planning an end of year trip but not sure which countries i want to go to"</div>

i drove around europe before returning to sydney, i drove through uk,france,belgium,switzerland and italy, then the same on the way back to uk but went to bruges and amsterdam, by far my favourite city is amsterdam, not because of the obvious, but is full of architecture and sights to see, depends what your going for though.

i would reccomend uk, spend the majority of your time in scotland, the citys are nicer,Edinburgh,Glasgow,Dundee,Perth, and the people are more welcoming, London is probably a must see for an aussie in europe, but i wouldnt give it more than 2 days, paris..apart from the generic tourist attractions is predominantly a ****HOLE,DONT GO TO PARIS NORD! Amsterdam, awesome, lovely scenery,lovely people, Milan..Meh,awesome if you like soccer and shopping! Rome, awesome,2nd favourite city in the world, so much to see and do. If you can get down to pompei near naples then do it, quite an experience. The only regret i have is not visiting Germany, ive been told its a crazy place. Zurich is wierd, and extremly expensive, a pizza will cost you 40 aud!! and if you drive, you will have to pay a years road tax upfront on entry to the country, also most european freeways incur a toll charge, so be aware if driving to carry a bit of cash with you!

Everybody is different and this is just my opinion, id seriously reccommend driving europe in a hire car if you have the cash, you get to see alot more, any questions just ask"</div>

sr20mic

I'm wth the bride at the min. in Venice.

we've done it a little different ,For the first time we're using the train system through europe.. Can't praise the railway setup enough .. they set a time to leave a station say ( 10.48pm ) they give an arrival time 350k later and their wthin 2min .. unreal..

I admit we dont have the option of stopping when we want,say to see a castle or whatever, but full leather seats ,beer/food ,smooth as ride , plenty of room to move around and 160-300 ks per hour.The photos taken are great . Not only that BUT on the two story cars they have a FULL KIDS PLAY AREA WTH A SLIPPERY DIP AND STUFF .. ( got stuck on the slide...lol )

Just realized I commented here... Yeah we used the trains in Italy when we stayed in a town called Orvieto for a week, they are good, the only thing was going through tunnels at 300kmh tends to make the ears hurt a lot!

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"I'm at jury duty today, my god its the most boring thing I've ever done.

Haha I've always gotten work to say I can't haha and that they need me been requested almost every 12mths

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

"RBLUV WROTE:

"I'm at jury duty today, my god its the most boring thing I've ever done."</div>

Haha I've always gotten work to say I can't haha and that they need me been requested almost every 12mths

i got off it three times, the lady called me and was like buddy pick a date you CAN do it and we'll make it that haha was shattered,

anyway forum is dead as at the moment, whos watching the gold medal match for the olympics tonight? USA been dominating

CMF_carlightsup

» CMF Member
Hey everyone. new to the forum, and I'm just trying to figure out how to access my PMs I have tripple checked my email address and sent myself a test pm but I can't seem to see where the message actually ends up! Can someone explain?
Cheers
Carl

CMF_carlightsup

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"Hey Carl - PMs go to your e-mail address. They often end up in the junk folder too.

Also I see your from canberra, what kind of K11 do you have?

Thanks man,
They don't seem to be going to junk either so I dunno..
Yeah I'm in Canberra, I bought myself an SLX a few weeks ago aswell as a super s that had been in a front ender, so far I have only really swapped the dash cluster, the seats, and some of the better condition trim prices out of the super s, next I'm planning on swapping the brakes over, lowering it, getting some deep steelies removing the bump strips and tinting the windows. I'm really keen to put factory power windows in but I'm having trouble finding the right information/ parts.

Sorry to ramble on! What are you driving?

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Come along to the next motorkhana and you'll want to participate! Very easy on the car (unless you drive like me lol) and a ****load of fun you cant have legally on the road.

Back