ga15- ga16 dimensions?

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Aside from inlet manifold differences and buldge for variable cam timing the GA15 & GA16 are identical.
If I was going to the trouble of fitting a GA motor, it would be the 88kW Jap spec GA16DE from the N15 / B14 with variable cam timing and large bore plastic MAF.
Many N15 with this motor also had the 31V viscous box option, so I'd be buying these together or a front cut. This 31V is the same as the viscous box that was an option for the K11, except it has taller ratios which make more sense with the larger capacity motor.

As a note, the GA16 with variable cam timing & small bore aluminium MAF from the N14 / B13 has 81kW.
The europe spec GA16DE with similar inlet manifold & built in MAF to GA15DE & CG motors only has 73kW.
The jap spec GA15DE has 77kW.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
nz_aj WROTE:

"Aside from inlet manifold differences and buldge for variable cam timing the GA15 &amp; GA16 are identical. <BR>If I was going to the trouble of fitting a GA motor, it would be the 88kW Jap spec GA16DE from the N15 / B14 with variable cam timing and large bore plastic MAF.<BR>Many N15 with this motor also had the 31V viscous box option, so I'd be buying these together or a front cut. This 31V is the same as the viscous box that was an option for the K11, except it has taller ratios which make more sense with the larger capacity motor.<BR><BR>As a note, the GA16 with variable cam timing &amp; small bore aluminium MAF from the N14 / B13 has 81kW.<BR>The europe spec GA16DE with similar inlet manifold &amp; built in MAF to GA15DE &amp; CG motors only has 73kW.<BR>The jap spec GA15DE has 77kW.

much appreciated nz, thanks

Back