Fuel Consumption

it all depends how u drive mine would use about 10 ltrs when i put myfoot down but if i drove steady probs 8.5l all depends how you drive

I am getting 40mpg commuting - sometimes traffic is fine and it's 70 most of the way [with a couple of 40 / 50 areas] and other times it's crawling along.

Well, over the past weekend, I managed to get through a full tank, doing just over 200 miles, and I got 30 MPG in my 1 litre.

But, that's with city driving, country lane driving (in devon, using 4th and 5th is a rare opportunity), and general ragging it. If I feel like saving money, I can get about 45mpg, but it's pretty boring. Takes the fun out of driving.

my missis reports over 300 miles to a full tank on her 1.0 k11.. i cant imagine that can be too good since i run a 2.2 with a 32L tank and get over 250 miles.

Regularly get between 46 and 48mpg out of my 1L, 44mile round trip to work everyday and its half country and town, half a-roads, dont think its too bad for a car thats done 154k!

my missis reports over 300 miles to a full tank on her 1.0 k11.. i cant imagine that can be too good since i run a 2.2 with a 32L tank and get over 250 miles.

It's a double edged sword. You have to work a smaller engine harder. A full tank is around 8 gallons I think, so 300 divided by 8 is just under 40 MPG ( probably about 38, can't be bothered to get my calculator)

Depends what type of driving she is doing, what roads, how she drives, what she has in the back of the car etc...

You'll get further on 2 tanks of 4 gallons then you will on 1 tank of 8 as well.

im sure he means due to weight saving. but were talking about not alot in reality.

well she 'tells' me shes driving steady, ill have to steal it for the week and let her use the vx and see if i can better it.

what do people define as a full tank though? Is it full to the brim? or like 35 litres or whatever it is to fill it?

I fill up about 30 litres and get about 210 miles.

A full tank to me is when the pump stops! I always take it till half empty so bout 21/22 litres, usually sees me good for 200miles or so

When the #######ing pump wont let anymore in.

And I was on about a weight. To put it in perspective, a litre of water weighs 1kg, and although petrol is less dense then water, it still weighs a bit. So those 15KG (2 stone) you save from not filling the tank completely up, probably equates to something over time.

A full tank to me is when the pump stops! I always take it till half empty so bout 21/22 litres, usually sees me good for 200miles or so

Looks like, I need to service my car lol.

I filled up 33.3 litres and only got 260 which is 35mpg.

I know what the problem is though, i still have the 1.6 injectors fitted from when it was turbo. gonna take them off tomorrow. I reme,ber when it was 88p a year and half ago and for £10 i used to get 80-90 miles. looks like i am losing about 30-40 miles.

It must be the injectors i know they make it drink more. gonna change the air filter and fuel filter tomorrow as well as God nows when they were done last lol. I want 80-90 again lol

I made a mpg calculator if any one wants it i'll upload it, not the best but does the job.

Back