FS: Jap CG13DE {BRIS} low km!!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hi folks.

Since I'm selling the car I have no need for my spare engine.

I prepped this engine for storage a while ago so she should be all good. Timing chain etc was fine and there was no sludge build up or unusual cam wear. Been informed the condition of the cams indicates somewhere around 40 to 60,000km on the motor before it was removed from the donor car. It was from an automatic (flex plate was attached, but now thrown out)

At the moment it is just a bare motor. No accessories on it, just an intake manifold and the rear piping. One or two brackets etc.

Yours for $700ono. Goodluck getting one in brisbane for less $$.

smidge

» CMF Member
for the dumb buggers here (and may assist you to sell it)

whats required to drop it into the car? will everything from the AUDM Micra's bolt up and run fine? or are other bits required?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yes, you pull your engine out and bolt all its gear up to the Jap motor. That includes sensors as they all send different signals compared to what we already have fitted to our cars.

Its also worth replacing the big end crank seals. I've got the pulley side which I'll chuck in as well. So all that is left then is to source the 'rear' seal from nissan or a bearing shop (take the old one in and get a new one of the same dimensions). Also worth replacing is the waterpump and the rubber O ring which seals a metal pipe into the back of the water pump housing. O ring can be had from nissan and water pump from basically anywhere else. Even the apparent dodgey brand SuperCheap sells uses Japanese bearings. You can even use the pump from your motor if you replaced it recently.

Cheers

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
what is the benefit of jap motor over audm motor? sorry, i couldnt find any article that compare both...

does it currently leaking from the main gearing seal and pulley side?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I don't think its leaking but I'll throw in the new seal for it anyway. You just need to pull the crank pulley off to do that. This is best done with the engine either on a stand or in the car. Can be accessed from the drivers side wheel arch.

The Jap motor is pretty much the same as the UK motor. Plastic rocker cover though. This is from an automatic so it has the stronger closed deck cooling jacket block I believe.

Back